2nd/3rd Line Support Engineer
The Support Group is responsible for supporting and maintaining the Beacon Platform, which is a cloud-based Platform-as-a-Service. You will work in a fast-paced environment with a mix of financial developers, DevOps and infrastructure engineers, and application developers to provide front line support to our clients and staff. In this role, you will work directly with the teams to triage and analyze technical issues logged into our ticketing system.
You will debug scripts in Beacon’s IDE, examining graph-based financial object hierarchies as well as other automated processes and infrastructure configuration.
You will also work with new technologies, software and code, finding patterns to recurring problems, and implementing improvements. There is a strong emphasis on collaboration with others, from developers to system administrators. The Support Engineers are vital to Beacon’s success as they provide up-front, timely, and efficient solutions to ensure we provide an excellent client experience.
- Collect and triage production support incident tickets and follow documented standard operating procedures
- Maintain and create support documentation and knowledge-base
- Own production support issues and collaborate with support engineers to resolve issues within designated SLAs
- Provide regular updates to internal and external stakeholders on outstanding issues
- Interact directly as needed with clients and stakeholders
- Provide daily and weekly issue reports
- Be an active participant at production support meetings
- Monitor environment logs for errors and troubleshoot accordingly
- Flexibility to work additional hours as needed
Who we're looking for?
- A relevant Information Technology qualification such as Microsoft certifications or AWS certifications
- Proven hands-on experience with Linux servers (Ubuntu/RedHat Enterprise Linux)
- Familiarity with cloud Infrastructure such as AWS, Azure or Google Cloud
- Exposure to DevOps tools such as Docker, CI/CD pipelines, and configuration management
- Experience with Python
- Exposure to coding/scripting or automating manual tasks
- Desire to learn other programming languages to help support the environment
- A degree or active pursuance of a degree in a relevant STEM field
- Attention to detail
- Excellent customer service skills and empathy for clients’ needs
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and effectively manage workload
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to explain complex technical problems to non-technical audiences
- Familiarity with test-driven code development and SCM tools such as Git
- Experience with and interest in financial markets
- Experience with SecDB/Athena/Quartz
- Knowledge of monitoring tools such as Grafana and Prometheus
- Financial bonus
- Hot beverages
- Cold beverages