Telecom Specification Engineer - Working Student
In the role of Specification Engineer, you will be a part of the local specification team, however, the daily collaboration will include a team of Developers, Technical Leaders, Architects, and Integration Engineers. This position allows you to improve your analytical, negotiating and technical skills especially will boost your knowledge about 5G Base Station Architecture. In the long run, it is a good starting point for career development in project management, product management, system specification, or system architecture roles in Nokia.
The candidate to this position will have the following daily duties:
- Initial work will start from the pre-investigation analysis of reported faults – it is the first step to familiarize with the product, its architecture, and functional split inside BTS OAM (Operation and Maintenance entity). You will also familiarize yourself with Web Element Manager (web base application for BTS configuration).
- Later under the supervision of Senior Specification Engineers, you will be supporting the creation process of the entity functional requirements for BTS OAM (in one of few OAM sub-entities, e.g. WebEM or Local OAM)
- Entity functional requirements are based on the wider definition of feature system requirements for BTS – this work usually requires interactions with architects, system specification engineers. The result is a translation of high-level requirements to specific easy to understand the requirement for Software developers to be later implemented in the source code. The requirement is followed by Acceptance Criteria defining successful implementation.
- Most of the feature system requirements are based on 3GPP standards adopted to Nokia solutions and technical know-how
We work with:
- 3GPP standards for LTE and 5G
- Version control and code review systems
Who we're looking for?
- Active Student Status -Telecommunication systems (e.g PWr KTT)
- good analytical skills and open-mindedness, positive attitude and willing to solve not trivial problems
- good communication in English (both written and spoken)
- knowledge within mobile network technologies, radio systems architecture and standards 3GPP
- good interpersonal skills and capability to work in an international, multi-site environment
- basic knowledge of software design techniques
- Healthcare package
- Healthcare package for families
- Leisure package
- Leisure package for families
- Hot beverages