Senior Support Engineer with Unix
- You and your teammates are responsible for all aspects of delivering requirements:
o Configuration management
o Automating testing and deployment of small and frequent releases
o Speaking to the key stake holders on features and requirements
o Production availability of your service - if you build a service you own the service
Global Banking & Markets (GBM) is the "investment bank" for T1 European Bank. The Global Foreign Exchange (GFX) business is a key component within our GBM division. Our businesses generate millions of transactions across a range of financial markets. Our IT teams design and develop modern systems covering all aspects - trading in the markets, sales and customer tools, handling transactions and building financial and regulatory reporting.
Who we are:
What we do:
We are looking for an experienced Unix SA to manage the development and maintenance of our server estate.
Within the team we manage all aspects of the server infrastructure post physical installation, as well as the architecture design pre physical installation. You will work in a pod split between Krakow and London heavily integrated with the various development teams and operations.
Joining us, you will work on various initiatives
- Hardware upgrades - designing, testing, implementing and maintaining infrastructure
- Proactively looking at ways to improve the performance of the estate
- Capacity monitoring and planning
- Vulnerability identification and remediation (inclusive of patching and access management)
- Resiliency and backup capabilities
Who we're looking for?
5 years of commercial experience with RHEL 7/8
Practical experience with networking (all OSI, TCP/IP, UDP and PTP routing)
Knowledge of Linux Kernel, CPU, QPI/NUMA, RDIMM, TLB and ultra low latency adaptersNICE TO HAVE
Working with Agile
Puppet / Ansible