Our client is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provide a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals.
Opening a new team in Warsaw to join our dynamic global team of talented junior and senior data engineers, Java developers, software engineers, technical architects, and functional analysts who work in concert to deliver high profile projects using modern technologies. The goal of this team is the implementation of a unified data strategy to be adopted by the various engineering teams based upon the firm's data platforms, with the appropriate governance and controls for protecting the firm's and clients' data.
- Data Modelling: You'll architect, design and implement mission-critical, distributed, scalable, resilient, model-driven data services that source, model, transform, filter, validate and expose data. This work will include query optimization and data partitioning.
- Technologies: You'll program in Java and model data using Alloy/Legend - a data management and data governance open source platform that we will teach you. Read more on Bloomberg. Other technologies in use in our space: RESTful services, Maven/Gradle, Apache Spark, BigData, HTML 5, AngularJs/ReactJs, IntelliJ, Gitlab, Jira.
- Cloud Technologies: You'll be involved in building the next generation of finance systems on AWS in which you'll get exposure to AWS S3, Athena, Redshift, Snowflake, EMR and more.
- Interpersonal Communication: You'll engage with data producers and consumers across all areas of the business to understand their requirements and to propose solutions tailored to their needs.
- Autonomy: You'll have significant autonomy in designing and implementing solutions to help our stakeholders deliver for the firm's clients.
- Creativity: You'll be encouraged to suggest improvements to products and to propose ways, in which we can add value for our stakeholders.
- Training: Your manager will support your professional development, allowing you time for training at work, helping you learn and grow within the organization, and providing opportunities for increasing responsibility.
- Bachelor's degree
- Strong programming experience in at least one language (e.g. Java, C#, C++, Scala, Python) and knowledge of one compiled programming language (e.g. Java, C#, C++, Scala)
- Knowledge of relational databases and SQL
- A clear understanding of data structures, algorithms, software design and core programming concepts
- Comfortable multi-tasking, managing multiple stakeholders and working as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills including experience speaking to technical and business audiences and working globally
- Can apply an entrepreneurial approach and passion to problem solving and product development
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- No prior finance experience required - opportunities to learn and develop finance knowledge will be provided both as part of project work as well as additional training sessions and access to online learning platforms.
- Bachelor's degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Information Technology, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering or related technical discipline
- An understanding of data architecture and modeling
- Experience with database design, and with optimizing queries
- Experience with continuous delivery and deployment
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies
- Knowledge of Test Driven Development
- Knowledge of systems design and architecture
- Knowledge of object oriented design
- Experience in Java development
Luxoft, a DXC Technology Company, is a global digital strategy and software engineering firm with about 18,000 international employees within its 44 offices in 21 countries. It is headquartered in Zug, Switzerland.
In 2000, Luxoft was established in Moscow under the direction of Dmitry Loschinin. In 2008 it acquired ITC Networks in Bucharest. In 2013, Luxoft was listed on the New York Stock Exchange, following an initial public offering of 4.1 million shares at $17.00 per ordinary share.
In January 2019, Luxoft was acquired by U.S. company DXC Technology. Luxoft partnered with LG Electronics to create a next-generation Autonomous Mobility concept vehicle that integrates consumers' personalized digital lifestyles into a driving experience. Luxoft enabled Switzerland's first Blockchain based e-vote platform with the City of Zug and Hochschule Luzern's Blockchain Lab.
Luxoft, a DXC Technology Company is a world-renowned company. It has been present on the Polish market for over 11 years. We have offices in Krakow, Warsaw, Wroclaw, and Tri-City. We employ almost 2,000 experienced experts carrying out projects for over 40 clients from the financial, automotive, medical, tourist industries, etc. We work for many international clients, including the USA, Great Britain, and Switzerland.
So far, Luxoft Poland has made a name for itself as a company that offers work on innovative projects, we offer various experiences in the field of IT, opportunities for rapid development, an extensive training program, and attractive benefits for employees.
At present, 62% of Luxoft Poland employees come from Poland, and 38% from around 50 countries, including Ukraine, Brazil, Russia, India, Belarus, Turkey, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Romania, USA, etc.
At Luxoft, a DXC Technology Company, as much as 85 percent of employees are experts with the "Senior" experience level, with at least five years of experience. We care about our employees, so every day we try to provide them with the best possible conditions for work and development.
Technology is our passion! We focus on top engineering talent means that you will be working with the best industry professionals from around the world. Because of that, Luxoft is a global family with an epic atmosphere – we love what we do!