Technical Writer at Rockwell includes the development, production and delivery of information products as part of our software applications.
Technical writers are responsible for creating and maintaining user assistance deliverables that help clients understand and make effective use of our products.
Deliverables may include but are not limited to online help systems, traditional end- user manuals, administration guides, installation guides, client communications (release notes and enhancement or maintenance bulletins). Requires effective planning, researching, implementation, and communication (written and verbal) skills in a fast-paced development environment.
Technology stack, practices and methodologies we use:
C++, Qt, .NET, C#, Python, Squish, Git, Jenkins, Jira, qTest, Continuous Delivery, Scrum, SAFe.
Who we're looking for?
- Identifying required user assistance content. Analyze functional specifications and support documentation and work closely with subject matter experts to identify the content required to meet user needs.
- Test, maintain, and upgrade information for users.
- Contribute to internal process improvements and other duties, as assigned.
- Revise current information for users for existing products and create information for users for new products.
- Provide recommendations for improvement; proofread texts to identify and correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation errors.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Technical Communication or equivalent
- 2-5 years relevant experience
- Experience using the following products:
- MS Office 2010 and higher (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Image capturing tool, e.g. Snagit
- MS Teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to communicate with other disciplines, such as developers, product owners, or testers
- Creation of written texts in US English with minimal stylistic and grammatical errors
- Creation of texts that can be localized into other languages
- Experience in writing and editing information for users, such as Online Help, User Guides, Administration Guides, Installation Guides, Configuration Guides, Release Notes, and Functional Specifications
- Proficient in using documentation templates and style guidelines to develop documentation that has a consistent visual and structural approach
- Experience in architecting complex documents and documentation sets
- Ability to quickly learn complex software systems and industry business concepts, as well as the tools of our trade
- Transformation of technical explanations into information for users
- Ability to install and test software and document its functionality
- Experience with working in an agile, cross-functional software development team
- Healthcare package
- Healthcare package for families
- Leisure package
- Leisure package for families
- Financial bonus
- Cold beverages
- Hot beverages
- Car parking
- Bicycle parking