- System Design and Management over it life cycle.
- Requirement Management
- Create and update product documentation
- Cooperate with external suppliers and technical provider
- Troubleshooting issues with Linux operation system
- Failure root causes analysis
- Take an active part in integration projects, working on hardware and operating systems compatibilities
At Bombardier Transportation, our trains and rail solutions move millions of people safely and reliably around the world, every single day. Join us, and you'll be part of a global team, sharing knowledge, experience and ideas across countries and cultures, and boosting our reputation as a global leader in rail technology. Your work will have a truly human impact, connecting communities, cities and businesses, and helping people to get where they need to be. It's all about progress.
Join us as a System Engineer and you'll be looking at a career-defining role based in Katowice, Poland.
As a System Engineer you are going to be part of development and maintenance of two industrial real-time embedded products for wayside applications VPU and COHP with highest fail-safe requirements & reliability within a harsh operational environment.
Who we're looking for?
- Minimum Master of Science in Electrical Engineering/Electronics or Computer Science
- Typically, 5 years of experience in a similar role.
- Commercial experience in a technical role as System Engineer
- Requirements management and traceability
- Knowledge on PC architecture, networking, cyber security, electronic
- Administration of operating systems (Linux/Unix/ FreeBSD)
- Commercial experience in product integration, development or maintenance
- Development of products in harsh environments (experience in similar industrial area like aerospace, military, automotive...)
- Language skills required advanced/business fluent level of English and Polish.
Knowledge and experience in the following will be considered as plus:
- Safety Critical Development. e.g., EN 50126/8/9, IEC 61508, ISO 26262
- Reliability Analysis
- Thermal Analysis
- FMEA Analysis
- FTA Analysis
- EMC (Design, Tests and troubleshooting)
- Advanced electromagnetic simulation (Ansys, EMPro, FEKO...)
- Simulation and modelling i.e MATLAB
- Power design (SMPS, Isolated converters, Transformers, etc.)
- Analog design (Analog filters, Signal Chain, ADC, DAC)
- Digital interfaces (Ethernet, LVDS, SPI, I2C etc.)
- Design with CPUs such as ARM Cortex
- Design with FPGAs (Design, interfaces)
- C programming or other scripting programming languages (e.g. Python).
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.