Equinix is the world’s digital infrastructure company, operating 210 data centers across the globe and providing interconnections to all the key clouds and networks. Businesses need one place to simplify and bring together fragmented, complex infrastructure that spans private and public cloud environments. Our global platform allows customers to place infrastructure wherever they need it and connect it to everything they need to succeed.
At Equinix, we help the world’s digital leaders scale with agility, speed the launch of digital services, deliver world-class experiences, and transform people’s lives. Our culture is based on collaboration and the growth and development of our teams.
We hire hardworking people who thrive on solving challenging problems and give them opportunities to hone new skills, and try new approaches, as we grow our product portfolio with new software and network architecture solutions. We embrace diversity in thought and contribution and are committed to providing an equitable work environment. that is foundational to our core values as a company and is vital to our success.
We are looking for talented Software Engineers, responsible for brand-new product development to simplify and accelerate quoting and ordering processes for Equinix’s customers. By using a modern technology stack, cloud, microservices architecture, API-first approach, micro-frontend user interface and focusing on the product quality and delightful user experience, the engineering team will be responsible for building a highly scalable, globally distributed software product. This is a hugely exciting project where you will be part of a world-class product engineering team that’s paving the path for new ways for enterprises to consume ever increasing cloud services. You will:
- Play a pivotal role in Equinix Agile Software Development Lifecycle processes
- Participate in Product Increment Planning to analyze business requirements and determine feasibility of design
- Work with product managers, product owners, analysts and other engineers to design functional architecture
- Lead designs of major software modules and features
- Develop backend solutions using Java-stack with cooperation from product team
- Define technical strategy and recommend adaptation of open source
- Participate in full SDLC – from software design, code review, tests development and release management planning
- Work with test automation team on test automation and validation procedures to keep high software quality
- Mentor other members of the team
Who we're looking for?
We’re looking for someone who is highly curious, up to date with all the trends and technologies, and loves taking a project and owning it, demonstrating excellence in everything they do. High energy and an ability to inspire the team around them is essential! Additionally, you will have:
- BS in computer science or equivalent with 3-7 years of hands-on professional software development experience
- Expertise in cloud-based application development with in-depth knowledge of java eco-system (experience with multiple frameworks such as Spring, Hibernate)
- Expertise in data modeling, relational design using RDBMS and NoSQL such as Cassandra, MongoDB
- Experience with multiple architecture styles including SOA, API-first and micro-services architectures
- Real-world experience with continuous integration and delivery using public cloud such as AWS, Azure or GCP and container technologies such as Docker is required
- Hands-on experience with Agile-scrum methodology and Test-driven development
- Knowledge of design patterns for real time data insights and analysis.