You will be working in the Global Hosted Services organisation. We are responsible for delivering end-user business applications globally to our Microsoft desktop, server and RDS Xenapp estates.
- Core requirement; is for the candidate to be methodical, concise and accurate, with strong attention to detail.
- Core requirement; is a motivated, self-directed individual that is driven and eager.
- You will lead and assist with migration activities for building our VDI infrastructure along with other associated and related tasks.
- You will have excellent communication skills and work effectively between numerous teams for the purposes of fixing complex issues, reporting problems to project leaders, dealing with business or senior managers or invoking vendor support arrangements.
- You have a keen eye for detail and will offer deep technical insight into vendor optimizations and best practices around performance enhancements, security, monitoring and other features to enhance the environment you're building out.
- Provide technical assistance and cross training to other team members.
- Contribute to the functional testing, QA and failover testing of the new platform.
- Authoring and updating infrastructure, support and procedures documentation.
- Flexibility to work weekend and evening is required, whilst not a frequent occurrence we do expect your dedication to extend beyond the 9-5 when needed
Who we're looking for?
Core Required Skills – VMware ESXi 5.0/6.5, vROPS 6.5/7.0, vCenter 5.x and above, Windows Server
- 6+ years of experience with VMware ESXi 5.5/6.5, vCenter 5.x/6.x is strongly required. This
experience should include the planning, deployment, configuration and administration of host
systems and virtual machines
- 4+ years of experience in supporting converged/hyperconverged products
- Ability to setup of resource pools and a VMware Distributed Resources Scheduler (DRS) cluster,
Resource Management, Resource Monitoring along with VMware High Availability (HA) cluster
- Demonstrable experience in Install/Upgrade ESX platform environment
- Expertise in VCSA/ESX server installation and configuration of its components (virtual switches,
network connections, storage)
- Strong knowledge of the following: Citrix XenDesktop 7.6-7.15; Citrix Provisioning Services (PVS);
Citrix Studio; PowerShell; HP and Dell hardware
- Good Knowledge of Microsoft, Ivanti, and Monitoring tools is a plus
- Useful: FSLogix, VMware UEM and Numacent
- Confident communicator that can explain technology to non-technical audiences
- Capable of understanding user/service desk needs and communicating it to senior management
- Must be able to accommodate a flexible work schedule that may include nights, weekends or
holidays as required
Microsoft Windows Server 2012/2016NICE TO HAVE
Useful: HP Moonshot, Microsoft UPD, VMware UEM and Numacent.