IBM AIX Lead Administrator
Job Position is for a German multinational energy company. The company is the world's number two in offshore wind power and Europe's third largest in renewable energy.
- First point of escalation for all technical and process issues.
- Provide technical subject matter expertise wherever required
- Ensure proper communication and quick resolution as a crisis manager.
- Timely escalation to management
- Plan and schedule Changes coordinating with different stakeholders.
- Perform Service Requests based on Standard Operating Procedures
- Service incidents and queries within the agreed service levels
- Perform RCA for Major Incidents related to his / her tower
- Follow quality / security process defined for the engagement
- Perform Trend analysis, identify top few incidents and work with respective teams / individual to minimize the incidents
- Hardware troubleshooting & Vendor coordination
- Weekly and monthly status reports
- Participate in business meetings with various stake holders on a need basis
- Take corrective actions based on the customer satisfaction surveys.
- Work on the service improvement programs.
- Effort estimation / reviews on need basis for new projects.
- Training of new team members.
- Work with project teams for activities such as new server build, OS upgrades, migrations etc
- Automation of tasks using Shell / Perl scripting
Who we're looking for?
- Should be an Expert in Linux Administration (AIX, RHEL, CentOS, Suse, Debian, Fedora)
- Experience in Administration and troubleshooting of Linux Virtual Machines in VMWARE / Cloud virtualization technologies and SAN management and concepts
- Knowledge and experience of HP Proliant servers / Power and Hardware troubleshooting.
- Strong in Storage, HA concepts, SAN environment and Shell scripting
- Troubleshooting and administration of High availability Cluster on Pacemaker and HACMP.
- NIS, NIS + / DNS configuration
- NFS / Automount configuration
- Recovery of Operating system from backup
- Patch Management on Linux & AIX
- Server / OS Crash analysis
- Performance tuning
- Expert Knowledge of X86 & Power Hardware troubleshooting.
- Healthcare package
- Healthcare package for families
- Hot beverages
- Cold beverages