At EcoVadis, we envision a global marketplace where sustainability intelligence influences every business decision – improving economies, people's lives and the planet we all depend on. EcoVadis counts industry leaders like Johnson & Johnson, L’Oréal, Nestlé, and Michelin, among the 55,000+ businesses on its network.
With an ambitious, purposeful mission to provide the world's most trusted business sustainability ratings, EcoVadis is driven by a diverse team sharing the core values of commitment, customer-focus, courage, integrity, kindness and happiness.
EcoVadis offers you exciting career opportunities in an innovative and dynamic environment. We are looking for passionate team players from a variety of disciplines – from CSR and sustainability experts to customer engagement and engineering talents – to join us to make a real impact on the environmental and social practices of companies worldwide.
We are looking for a Lead Data Engineer to join a new data platform team. We count on your experience in developing the data strategy and vision for building the analytic ecosystem to evaluate, acquire, integrate, and consume data that drive insights. You will work in a dynamic, fast-changing environment with plenty of interaction with other teams.
You will play a key, hands-on role in leading and building a team of Data Engineers to design, develop, implement, monitor and support data oriented solutions that support Ecovadis business priorities while complying with the organization's IT and architectural standards.
- Provide the direction of our data engineering and architecture. Determine the right tools for the right jobs.
- Create cost-effective data warehouse solutions with data that is modelled to suit our users’ needs.
- Contributing to the recruitment of Data Engineering technical skills
- Mentor and provide input to team members to execute on the team's vision, design and execute projects from start-to-finish, inform technical direction, and support reporting of accomplishments.
- Plan and build the platform where all data is being collected from internal and external data sources, organized, and analyzed.
- Create, maintain and monitor pipelines for regular data ingestion, processing while ensuring the scalability, security, stability and availability of the platform's data
- Integrate, clean and prepare the data for analysis based on guidance from data modelers and data analysts and scientists
- Collaborate with data science and business stakeholders to address data issues and support their needs.
Who we're looking for?
- Proven, hands-on experience in building and leading a data engineering team and being responsible for developing the strategy and vision in a dynamic, fast-changing environment
- 5+ years of experience in developing and maintaining data ingestion, data processing and analytical pipelines for structured and unstructured and streaming data, relational databases, NoSQL, data lake solutions
- 2+ years experience with ideally Microsoft Cloud Data Platform: Azure Data Factory, Azure Databricks, Azure Synapse
- Experience in Azure Data Factory (ADF) creating multiple pipelines and activities using Azure for full and incremental data loads into Azure Data Lake Store and Azure Synapse.
- Experience in Azure storage solution, particularly Azure Data Lake Storage and working with Parquet files and partitions
- Expertise with SQL, database design/structures, ETL/ELT design patterns, and DataMart structures (star, snowflake schemas, etc.)
- Experience in the creation & configuration of Azure resources & RBAC
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science Engineering / Information Technology, Information Systems
- Strong interpersonal, communication, organization and planning skills
- Advanced skills in strategic planning, analytical and holistic problem-solving, project management, effective communication and coordination.
- Azure Data Engineer certification would be a plus
- Healthcare package
- Healthcare package for families
- Leisure package
- Leisure package for families
- Financial bonus
- Cold beverages
- Hot beverages
- Bicycle parking