The Global Banking and Markets Finance IT department serves the Finance and Product Control business functions across the organisation. It has a significant presence in all major sites and is responsible for the development and support of several high profile strategic systems and programmes of work.
Global Banking and Markets Finance IT department is seeking an experienced Senior consultant to work in the Development team for complex and high-volume Oracle Application used in area, which is being migrated slowly to a microservice architecture written mostly in Java.
You will be part of a Finance IT core team and will have the following responsibilities:
- An expert in Oracle development including performance tuning
- Re-designing application into smaller components
- Advice on, and compliance with CICD, DevOps and Agile practices
- Working in all stages of the development pipeline: Working with the business to gather requirements, implement those requirements with automated testing, and present the results to the business for review.
- Work closely with Business & IT Project Managers to ensure delivery of solutions consistent with Finance IT’s Strategic Architecture.
- Provide input to design discussions and project planning meetings.
- Build good working relationships with other IT departments and relevant business areas
- Provide out of hours support to the production batch with a focus on Oracle and performance tuning
Who we're looking for?
- Oracle development techniques
- Strong Exposure to Oracle PL/SQL
- Detailed knowledge of the cost based optimizer
- Strong experience in SQL query writing, including ANSI SQL.
- A clear understanding of GIT, and different approaches to a CICD pipeline
- Good experience in investigating and tuning Oracle performance issues.
- UNIX experience including script generation.
- Experience of Batch Automation software (ie BMC Control-M).
- Experience in Devops and Agile development.
- Highly developed reasoning and analytical skills.
- Good communication stills, and experience of interacting directly with business teams.
- Exposure in performance Tuning / debugging complicated PL/SQL projects
- Has worked in a Banking environment as has some understanding of the banking business
- Control-M Tool
- Deep knowledge of Finance business processes and front to back Investment Banking processes.
- Knowledge of Onshore - Offshore model of working.
- Experience of working with people in offsite locations
- Experience of the Accounting business area