We are seeking an experience support engineer to join our US Platform Support Engineering team. The candidate will be a part of a team that provides front line support for our proprietary quantitative trading platform. The team (alongside counterparts based in UK and Asia) provide 24/7 monitoring and support for client's trading environment as well as closely working with the development teams to ensure reliability, maintainability and performance of the production environment.
The Production Support Engineer will serve as the first point of contact for production issues, support requests and alerts. You will investigate and solve issues/outages as they occur and escalate as necessary. The Engineer will collaborate with software development teams to ensure successful deployment of new code into production. The ideal candidate will also automate processes and workflows as well as build tooling for our environment.
Who we're looking for?
- At minimum, five years of experience in financial services supporting trading and post-trade systems
- Experience in managing large scale deployments/environments
- Experience supporting applications in a Linux environment
- Strong scripting skills - Python, Bash, Shell, Perl
- Experience developing tools and/or automating processes
- Experience with supporting FIX protocol
- An understanding of monitoring, performance management, and cloud infrastructure
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong ownership experience and a track record of delivering results
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
- Experience performing FIX certification/onboarding
- Experience with NFS and GPFS file systems
- Knowledge of storage devices
- Experience with application monitoring systems such as ITRS Geneos
- Experience with Control-M job scheduling
- Knowledge of q and kdb+
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with Docker