- Do you like a blend of technology, business and people?
- Do you like to excel in an international environment with one global virtual team?
- Are you able translate IT issues to front office users and their requirements back to IT?
- We are looking for an IT Production Support Analyst to support Repo trading applications. Support Analyst will support in-house and externally developed applications. The role faces off to traders, sales traders, margin management, operations and regional IT management.
Your team forms an integral part of a global team, which supports the business on six days a week around the clock. The supported applications cover several areas, namely the lifecycle management of REPO trades, the optimisation of the collateral inventory and the system to support unsecured funding. This includes manual trade entry or trade feeds from Electronic Communication Networks (ECNs). The downstream systems are settlement, risk, P&L and MIS systems.
Keep the production environment stable by making well informed decisions. Resolve incidents and requests in due course. Ability to solve complex issues. Own and drive problems to their solution. Deploy changes to production. Plan and participate in major activities such as disaster recovery tests and infrastructure weekends. Become a subject matter expert in the business area and applications you support. Make yourself a name with the front office so they know you personally and know that they can trust you.
Who we're looking for?
- you investigate IT and business related incidents and resolve them.
- you write SQL queries against complex database schemata and regularly use UNIX to analyse logs and edit files
- you implement changes using pre-defined methods
- you are used to support tools like ServiceNow, NetCool, SPLUNK and AppDynamics
- you know middleware (Tibco/RV, MQ, JMS) and job scheduling software like AutoSys
- you do some project work as part of small enhancements and infrastructure related activities
- you have experience in front office support facing off to traders and learn quickly as you are working in a complex and fast changing environment. Also, you own problems till they are resolved according to their urgency.
- you have knowledge of fixed income instruments, ideally with exposure to Repo and understand the lifecycle of trades
- Occasional work on Saturday and Sundays for releases, disaster recovery tests and business readiness tests. No night shifts.
- Leading experience