Market & Security Services (MSS) is a leading player in foreign exchange market. We trade foreign exchange 24 hours a day in over 60 countries and territories, and receive competitive quotes in all tradable currencies. We also participate in the money markets, taking large volumes of institutional deposits and managing the retail bank clearing operations. The recognition MSS has received from leading publications in the financial industry speaks volumes for our track record as a global business and the success of our strategy as an emerging markets-led, financing-focused bank.
Software Development (Guangdong) Limited (HSDC) helps provide the bank with a genuine competitive advantage across the globe. In particular, the technology department of MSS Fixed Income and Balance Sheet Management (MKTY) in HSDC is a strategic partner to our global business delivering advanced technology systems, wide-ranging expertise, and innovative solutions.
The MKTY department has a global network where our teams in United Kingdom, United States, Hong Kong and Guangzhou connect with each other to pool expertise, knowledge and experience, and this opens up the door for our business to new opportunities, more efficient processes, increased margins and helps drive reductions in the Bank's cost base.
Work here and you will be involved in projects dealing with front-to-back exchanges, portals and all trade lifecycles, utilizing market leading and cutting edge technologies. We are providing high end solutions covering xFOS/XARA/eBench that serve the trading and balance sheet management (MKTY) need, powered by the Murex platform, in-house platforms(XARA & eBench) and various excel spreadsheet solutions, to support wide range of Fixed Income, FX and MM products including Swaps, Bonds, FRAs, Spots, Forwards, FX Options, and Metals. In recent years, MKTY has significant demand from business to deliver number of high profile projects.
- Responsible to develop and deploy derivatives systems with Murex Solutions
- Manage activities within project delivery to the business within the agreed timeframes, cost and levels of quality;
- Communicate with business to identify needs and translate client requirements into specified project briefs;
- Develop logical and innovative solutions to complex problems;
- Ensures Effective project documentation and software documentation is maintained
- Ensure compliance with all relevant internal control standards and external regulatory requirements;
- Maintain up-to-date understanding of the business practices and system capabilities;
Who we're looking for?
- Core Java 1.7 or above.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience on Java development
- Solid experience with Frameworks / tools - Spring Platform, Maven, GitHub, Jenkins, JIRA, CI related tooling
- SQL skills
- Financial industry knowledge, especially with FICC products is highly preferred
- Strong troubleshooting skills and able to present the problem clearly Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- A highly-motivated individual with positive and proactive attitude;
- DevOps experience and teamwork
- A highly-motivated individual with positive and proactive attitude
- Outstanding influencing, negotiating and interpersonal skills
- Used to work in big scale project / platform.
- Banking project related experience. Understanding product knowledge on FX/MM/Bonds/Swap with transaction work-flow from Front-end systems to Back office
- Murex application as a Technical analysis
- Understanding of FpML, MXML
- Working in a global team with different cultures
- Working in different locations around the globe
- Experience on Murex (in particular, v3.1) and one or more components: MxML Exchange, Datamart, Market Data, Simulation View
- Control-M, ELK
- CFA level 1 or Investment bank (or banking )background
- Understand the new technology and passionate on it!