Our client is one of the biggest online retailers worldwide with yearly revenue of £1 billion. We have a long history of relationships and over the years have helped the client to develop web portals and mobile apps, delivery control systems, staff management tools, data storage, and much more. The systems we’ve built together work in production 24/7, contributing to the client’s success.
We are searching for a Cloud Engineer that will be participating effectively in all stages of the systems development life cycle, assisting all team leaders to ensure projects are accurately estimated and delivered to schedule. The specialist will be working closely with Team Leader on issues related to requirements and design, mentoring colleagues, and take an active role in their development.
The Cloud Engineer may be asked to perform tasks as required by management deemed as a reasonable request. This job description is a summary of the typical functions of the role, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of possible role responsibilities, tasks, and duties, and is subject to review. The responsibilities, tasks, and duties of the jobholder might differ from those outlined in the job description and other duties, as assigned, might form part of the job.
The main purpose of this role is to work with cloud service providers to provide services, manage accounts, establish best practices, and drive efficiency. Develop the guiding principles, processes, tools, and automation that will enable development teams to transition to cloud services unimpeded. Define and develop processes for building and managing high availability, fault-tolerance, auto-scaling, disaster recovery, data security, monitoring, performance tuning, capacity planning, and billing.
Who we're looking for?
- Knowledge of and recent experience of cloud service providers such as Amazon Web Services (ECS, EKS, IAM, Elastic Beanstalk, LoadBalancers, ASG, RDS, EC2, VPCs and VPNs, Cloudtrail)
- Demonstrable Java or Python programming ability with an in-depth understanding of underpinning techniques
- Experience with any tool allowing infrastructure as a code approach (Ansible, Cloudformation, etc.)
- Experience in the full Software Development life-cycle from design to deployment
- Understanding of databases
- Understanding of operating systems, orchestration and deployment automatization
- Understanding the DevOps culture and its basic concepts, such as source control management tools, continuous integration / continuous delivery, deployment strategies.
- Technical Excellence: demonstrates intellectual rigor, possesses relevant abilities & is able to pick up new skills quickly
- Communication & Impact: strong verbal and written communication
Would be a plus
- Technology or similar technical degree
- Knowledge of SCRUM or other Agile methodologies
- Proven ability to tackle challenging projects
- Masters or other postgraduate qualification in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent.
- Healthcare package
- Healthcare package for families
- Leisure package
- Leisure package for families
- Cold beverages
- Hot beverages
- Car parking
- Bicycle parking
- Language courses
- Temporary housing
- Help finding an apartment
- Visa Services
- Flight ticket
- Money for moving expenses
- Adaptation tips