We are looking for strong and independent QA engineer to help us increase test coverage and/or build from scratch test automation framework.
We work with data platforms for clients, trading accounts and instruments within a bank, maintaining data gathering, accumulation, clean up, match and merge, distribution and adoption. Wide range of front end and backend applications, Java- and ETL- based server-side logic; RESTful web services and APIs, messaging services (EMS, JMS, ORACLE advanced queuing), ORACLE DB and integrations of all of those components are subject of testing in the department.
Wide stack of technologies and tools such as Java and various Java-based testing frameworks (with use of TestNG, Spring, Selenium WebDriver, etc.), test management and defect tracking systems - JIRA.
There is 1.5 years plan to migrate application to cloud (Microsoft Azure).
Support in getting Azure knowledge along with funding certification.
Ability to learn and develop communication and analytical skills,
Obtaining of exclusive investment banking and reference data business domain knowledge.
- Automation testing with occasional manual testing
- Design tests and test plans
- Develop test approach
- Define functionalities which should be covered with automated test
- Execute test cases and update test documentation
- Analyze business requirements and design documents for completeness and testability
- Review test failures and determine the sources of problems (test deficiencies, deviation from requirements, etc.)
- Communication with developers, QAs and Change Leads/PMs
- Deploy test artifact versions onto test environments when required
- Monitoring applications status on test environments
- Build Regression packages per Release
- Design new automation tests, approaches and tools
- Guiding and mentoring manual QAs
- Update and support Automated Test Suite
Who we're looking for?
- Excellent testing experience and very good understanding of full testing lifecycle
- Good understanding of test automation concepts and patterns
- Experience in Scrum / Agile methodology
- SQL Knowledge
- Good understanding and knowledge of test methodologies and tools (Jira, X-Ray, Confluence etc.)
- Hands-on experience with test automation tools (eg. Spock, Selenium Web Driver, Java Robot, Cucumber)
- Experience in Java programming language (Core Java, JUnit)
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Good knowledge of Unix / Linux environments
- Experience with continuous integration and delivery with Jenkins or TeamCity or similar tools
- Experience with Oracle DB/PostrgreSQL
- Investment banking experience and Banking related background