Manager Software Engineering
Join Sabre Trip Data Services Team!
- Sabre Poland
- Employment contract
What skills we are looking for?
• At least 5 years of software development experience with several years as a development manager or supervisor. Preference to those that have written code and understand developers point of view.
• Proficient ability to communicate effectively with others using spoken and written English including the ability to communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders
• Ability to resolve technical issues with versatility, flexibility, and proactive thought
• Proficient project planning skills, including the ability to organize, prioritize and control job responsibilities to meet deadlines in an environment with overlapping and potentially conflicting priorities
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Experience in high volume transactions
What else do we value?
• Ability to think outside the box
• Willing to develop and learn new areas/technologies
• Dedication to TDD and Agile Development practices
• Experience in working with highly available software
• Familiarity with AWS (or similar cloud services) & OpenShift (or similar platforms)
• Experience with Quality Engineering (testing methodologies, automation)
• CI/CD (value chain automation)
• Positive attitude and good sense of humor
Project you can join
Trip Data Services Team is looking for a person that will help us succeed. We are looking for someone passionate about organizing work and making sure things get done to the end. We are looking for someone full of energy, with positive and open-minded attitude, who is never content with status quo, is constantly looking for improvements and has the drive and persistence to implement the positive changes. Join us to work on a global Agile team based in Krakow, Dallas, and Bangalore.
Our applications use most recent technologies and frameworks like Java 11, SpringBoot, Couchbase, Kafka, Prometeus and are in center of reservation processing flows.
Who are we?
Trip Data Services team is focused on designing, developing and maintaining variety of Order (travel record) services running on open systems. We are responsible for Order data distribution to internal and external customers, hosting multiple Order management services and building Order data store in modern, scalable, microservice based and Cloud oriented architecture. We employ latest technologies and practices to handle high volume of transactions supporting millions of traveling passengers daily. Our team is global with largest decision-driving group based in Krakow and implements mature Scrum processes.
What you will do?
• Manage activities of development teams directly
o inspire engagement and creativity
o foster teams’ growth
o mentor team members and other leaders
• Monitor development processes and propose necessary changes to processes
• Guide the teams through project implementation
• Oversee application lifecycle activities and customer inquiries
How we code?
- Version control: Git
- Style guide
- Code review
- Pair programming
- Static code analysis
- Code metrics
- Knowledge database
How we test?
- Unit tests
- Integration tests
- System tests
- Performance tests
- Manual testing
- Test automation
How we manage our projects?
- Methodology: Agile, Scrum
- Who makes architectural decisions? Architect team
- Who makes technology stack decisions? Architect team, CTO
- Additional monitor
- Personal container
- Freedom to pick your tools
- Tech supervisor
- Open space
- Separate rooms
- Dress code
- Flexible working hours
- Remote possible: 40%
- Paid vacation: 20/26 per year plus 1 or 2 additional paid holidays
- Office hours: 7:00 - 18:00
- Healthcare package
- Healthcare package for families
- Financial bonus
- Cold beverages
- Hot beverages
- Adaptation tips
- Language courses
- Temporary housing
- Help finding an apartment
- Visa Services
- Sign up bonus
- Flight ticket
- Money for moving expenses
- Car parking
- Bicycle parking
- Chill room
- Playroom for children
- Integration events