Site Reliability Engineer
- Any contract
WHAT WE DO
Our domains are payments, IoT and biometrics. Thanks to our solutions, it is possible to digitalize payment cards and use the phone as a multi-tasking device. Opening a car with a selfie? No problem! Our producst are used by the best global IT and Telco brands, and we care for the safety of users' data.
Our goal is to create your own products based on the latest technologies. The key to success are teams: autonomous, interdisciplinary, covering all the necessary skills.
WHERE YOU CAN FIND US
Of course, in Lodz! Sometimes even in the yard of our historic villa, on deckchairs... This is where the best ideas come up!
The candidate must be curious, autonomous and highly motivated by new information technologies, as the tasks require performing in-depth technical tests with problem and root cause analysis
- Communicative in English
- Strong analytical skills, systematic problem solving approach
- Communicate effectively and professionally with customers and other third party companies
- Ability to work and interact effectively in a distributed team environment.
Necessary on this position:
- Linux or Unix
- Batch scripting or automation skills
- Docker or Kubernetes
Project you can join
The Site Reliability Engineer, as a part of the Idemia’s SRE team, is responsible for providing automated operations and preventive monitoring of SLA-critical production platforms.
SRE teams incorporate their technical background and engineering skillset in order to improve reliability, availability and efficiency of the services they operate on. Effectively, it’s "what happens when a software engineer is tasked with what used to be called operations”, as Ben Treynor stated when setting up SRE teams for Google’s search engine.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Harden platforms before they go live by reviewing their design and implementation, tuning configuration as well as developing auxiliary tools and necessary monitoring of critical health indicators
- Maintain platforms after go live by measuring and monitoring their availability, performance and overall system health
- Recover platforms during production incidents to meet targeted SLO; perform detailed root cause analysis to prevent regressions. 8/5 work model + on-calls
- Proactively seek improvements of non-functional requirements; cooperate with development teams to improve operational aspects of platforms under your responsibility
- Validate readiness and maturity of new rollouts through development, execution and verification of automated smoke test suites
- Provide technical expertise on IDEMIA products and support processes to internal and external customers
- Additional monitor
- Personal container
- Freedom to pick your tools
- Flexible working hours
- Office hours: 7:00 - 18:00
- Healthcare package
- Leisure package
- Cold beverages
- Hot beverages
- Adaptation tips
- Language courses
- Temporary housing
- Help finding an apartment
- Visa Services
- Sign up bonus
- Flight ticket
- Car parking
- Bicycle parking
- Chill room
- Integration events
Will contact you