Description of the position:
In your role as Junior Database Engineer –Trade Finance you will be involved in the development and implementation of new applications of Trade Finance solutions or maintain and administer existing ones.
You will be part of our cell Interfaces which is implementing and servicing a solution to offer all data from Trade Finance processing application within our bank’s Data Lake (Trade Finance Analytics Platform). You will implement within our team the complete end-to-end process, i.e. data capture, formatting the data for our Trade Finance data model, forwarding data to other applications within or outside of the data lake environment and implement standard reports used by end-users.
You will use modern IT infrastructure and tools. Our bank’s Data Lake is based on the Hadoop platform, using e.g. Attunity and NiFi for data capture from Oracle databases and other sources, Hive QL and Scala for operations within the lake and Qlik Sense for end-user reporting. The data in the Data Lake will also be used for Advanced Analytics and Data Analytics purposes.
All applications data objects need to be developed, deployed and administered based on the standard Commerzbank architecture and procedures.
Your main tasks are:
- As a Junior Engineer - data lake / database you are responsible for implementation, test and integration of interfaces and applications within the IT landscape used by Trade Finance Analytics Platform
- You will support design of database, data modelling, data flow, and processes analysis and interface architecture
- Create and maintain technical documentation (data model, data flow model, etc) within Confluence and other tools
- Analysis and bug fixing of faults in the applications together with Business Analysts
- Implementation of changes and releases
- You are one of the experts within your scrum team for the Trade Finance Analytics Platform (deploy and run)
Who we're looking for?
What we expect from you:
- Knowledge of the Hadoop world and some of the central tools or SQL / relational databases
- Knowledge of Jira, Confluence
- Basic knowledge of Agile Software Development / Scrum / Kanban
- Alternative Skills:
- Experience with UC4, XML
- Foreign language skills:
- English B2 level - mandatory
- Healthcare package
- Healthcare package for families
- Leisure package
- Leisure package for families
- Financial bonus
- Cold beverages
- Hot beverages
- Car parking
- Bicycle parking