The role within the operations IT team which manages applications covering settlements, confirmations and post trade reporting across various asset classes including cash and metals.
The development team is currently looking into enhancing various aspects of the applications to meet business requirements across various asset classes and business functions. This role is released to fulfill development and support requirements across the teams Run-the-Bank (RTB) and Change-the-Bank (CTB) commitments.
- Assess business requirements and provide development estimates
- Review current database design
- Define best practices and areas for improvements
- Recommend and implement options for optimizing stored procedures, functions, and triggers
- Review indexes, partitions, parallelization and implement improvements
- Recommend how advanced features of MS SQL Server 2016 can be used to improve performance of target solutions
Who we're looking for?
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Technology
- Strong command of SQL and SQL server tools (MS SQL Server)
- Advanced knowledge of database security, backup and recovery, and performance monitoring standards
- Understanding of relational and dimensional data modeling
- PowerShell and Unix shell scripting skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Broad understanding of commodities, settlements
- Banking experience