About the Project
We develop and maintain a mission-critical risk management platform that deals with massive amounts of data on a daily basis. It serves our Client's traders across the world and produces numbers for financial authorities in many countries. Although the platform has a few legacy components, the technology stack has been rapidly evolving with our Client's commitment to Cloud migration, DevOps and Automation. We strive to build an innovative environment for engineers while keeping the platform stable for our stakeholders.
In business terms, this platform enables our Client to perform large scale simulations (using the Monte Carlo Simulation Model) to forecast future cash flows of derivative trades and portfolios along with quantification of associated risks. It also performs Stress testing on hundreds of what-if scenarios to prove that Client's business is ready for the various market conditions and severe economic scenarios. The calculated risk exposures are used for Basel 3 reporting, RWA Calculations, trading limits and valuation of Market and Credit risks.
The platform mainly works in the overnight mode with data loading, transformation, valuation and reporting being completed by morning according to strict SLAs and data being available to users during the day time. There is a large book of work that includes industry-wide business programs (FRTB, LIBOR, CCAR etc.) as well as a lot of focus on Cloud migration, infrastructure upgrades, technical debt management and CI/CD pipeline improvement. It's a large platform that allows you to be directly exposed to a number of technologies, frameworks and tools and have massive amounts of data and compute power at hand.
There are 80+ Luxoft engineers working in this project, being a part of Risk Analytics IT department of our Client. We're organized into Agile teams, called Hybrid Pods, which are designed to be self-sufficient and work directly with business stakeholders. Some teams are platform-aligned, they develop and support core software delivery processes and tools to enable platform to operate efficiently. Other teams are business-aligned, they focus on delivering new business functionality and support existing production components. We value teamwork, as well as recognize and promote individual contribution that helps the success of the department.
[Development] -> .NET Framework (C# / .Net 4.6.2), .Net Core (C#), Visual Studio 2019, Java 1.8, Python, SQL, PL/SQL
[Frameworks] -> WPF applications, WCF Services, Spring / .Net Spring, Camel Framework, NServiceBus
[Integration] -> MSMQ, Tibco EMS, Azure Event Hub, SSIS, Rabbit MQ, Apache Thrift
[DevOps] -> GitLab, Flow TeamCity, Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS), Docker, Helm, Unix, Elastic Stack (ELK), Bash, Hashicorp Enterprise Vault (EVA), MS Build, Puppet, Nexus, NUnit, SonarQube
[Grid Computing] -> DataSynapse Compute Grid, Azure Batch (PaaS)
[Data Layer] -> Oracle Database 18c, MongoDB, MS SQL Database Server, Azure Data Lake Storage (ADLS)
[QA] -> Jira, Jira X-Ray, PowerShell, Python
[Reporting] -> SSAS, Power BI
[Big Data] -> Spark / DataBricks, Scala, Python, Java
[UI] -> React, Angular JS, Node JS
Opportunities for you
- Get experience with high performance system using distributed calculations and cloud computing
- Real possibility to implement your engineering ideas and improve the way things are done in the project
- Full support of your career goals - our career management tools make your professional development transparent, clear and honest
- Truly large amount of learning opportunities, sponsorship of certifications
- Financial bonuses to acknowledge top performers
- Cooperate closely with the team lead and project manager in all aspects of sprint and release planning
- Take an active part in all aspects of the development process including planning, estimation, progress tracking, dependencies detection, issues prevention and solving
- Develop infrastructure and environments management plans
- Create rollout plan for the software products and services releases
- Design, create scripts for automating build & deployment processes
- Analyze, estimate, develop and solve complex configuration management problems
- Design, develop and test procedures for installation and configuration of the software products and services
- Plan, analyze, develop and implement the procedures and scripts for build and/or migration of data/applications/products across different platforms
- Participate in architecture review and performance improvements of the existing and future solutions
- Facilitate transition to best practices in architectural and operations management solutions
- Build and configure the new infrastructure for the solution
- Set-up environments, execute performance tuning, perform advanced settings update, assist with the tests preparation processes
- Create comprehensive solution documentation
- Define monitoring approaches and configure monitoring systems
- Coordinate work of the configuration management team by defining tasks and their priority, and tracking the implementation status and overall progress.
- Perform code review, bugfixing and development of .Net applications providing improvements and health-checks of a project infrastructure.
Who we're looking for?
- Solid experience in IT industry, at least 5 years of IT experience as DevOps or related
- Practical implementation of Continuous Delivery and Continuous Integration within enterprise platforms
- Proven experience with TeamCity, MSBuild and Nuget
- Strong hands-on experience with GIT and SVN
- Scripting languages: Windows PowerShell, Python
- Advanced user of Windows Server 201*
- Strong understanding of configuration management, build monitoring and backup systems/solutions
- Master's computer science degree or equivalent experience
- Experience in managing Microsoft Azure based environments, good understanding of networking concepts and principles
- Practical experience with .NET: regular developer skills
- Oracle SQL and PL/SQL (optimization of databases, query plan, etc.)
- Practical experience in managing MongoDB
- Hands-on experience with Puppet, Docker, Elastic Search, etc..
- IT Service Management practices (for example, ITIL), software development life cycle (understanding of Waterfall, RUP, Agile methodologies)
- Financial background, experience with complex risks management platforms
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence