The Cash Equities Algorithmic Trading Technology team runs the execution stack from client FIX message in through to order message on the exchange.
The team develops and maintains its own Algorithmic Trading Container, View Server and React/Electron based UI and Smart Order Router with a dedicated infrastructure team for managing its off-campus hardware estate.
Joining us, you will work alongside business stakeholders, back-end developers and user experience designers to deliver clean and user focused front-end functionalities for the Cash Equities Algorithmic Trading Technology team.
We are looking for people with various level of experience, also those who have UX experience and seek opportunities to become more technical.
- You and your teammates are responsible for all aspects of delivering software to your users:
o Speak to the product owner and users to understand new feature requirements
o Prototype and develop new features
o Perform testing
o Frequent deployment of multiple software packages to production
o Production availability - we collectively build and own the service
o Peer review of colleague's changes
o Speak up and help shape how we do things better
Who we're looking for?
- Angular or ReactJS experience, and a willingness to learn new technologies
- WebDriver, Jest & React Testing and similar libraries
- Keen understanding of the HTML 5 ecosystem
- Working knowledge of the Bash shell
- Understanding of software engineering principles such as SOLID, DRY and incremental development (Scrum, Kanban etc), etc
- Capability to quickly prototype, whether through wireframes or mockups
- Ability to identify bugs through industry standard tooling
- Websockets, SSE and related technologies
- CSS Modules, Flexbox, CSS Grid, Sass
- Understanding of the Canvas API and fundamentals of implementing animations, drawing text and similar capabilities
- Experience with performance focused grids
o Exposure to Java/Scala/C#
o Hands on experience with Linux based systems
o Understanding of basic scripting in PowerShell, Bash and Batch