Solutions Architect (Originations)
- HSBC Service Delivery (Polska)
- Employment contract
What we’re looking for
- At least 5-10 years of relevant IT experience, including exposure to business planning, systems analysis and application development (3-5 of those years to be devoted specifically to architecture).
- Actively research and investigate new Digital technologies, and stay abreast of latest in the Digital architecture field.
- Experience with role-based authorization methodologies, authentication technologies and security attack pathologies.
- In-depth knowledge of key IT domains particularly computing platforms (Windows, UNIX and Linux) and networking technologies.
- Proficient in security concepts related to DNS, routing, authentication, VPN, proxy services and DDOS mitigation technologies.
- Knowledge of implementation considerations for UI technologies including jQuery, AngularJS, Node.js, Ember.js, React, Dojo, Backbone.js.
- Service architecture - Experience of API and service based architectures using SOAP, REST APIs, micro-services and utilising JSON for web or mobile applications.
- Enterprise scale distributed NoSQL solutions including: MongoDB, in-memory databases and caching solutions adopted for globally distributed Digital solutions.
- CI/CD - tools such as Confluence, Jira, Jenkins, Git, GitHub, Stash, SonarQube, Performance centre.
- Methods and delivery - DevOps processes and experience. Strong understanding of lean and agile methods of software delivery including Scrum, Kanban, Lean UX, XP.
- Comfortable working with ambiguity and conducting research as well as working with third party vendor(s).
- Ability to write position papers on highly complex topics for a business audience to assist in decision making.
- Experience building reference Cloud architectures and adapting them for enterprise use cases.
- Understanding of Cloud service models (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS), and supporting technologies.
- Experience with any of the industry Cloud technologies such as Amazon Web Service, Azure, Google Cloud, etc.. (AWS preferred).
- AWS or Azure or Google Cloud
- jQuery or AngularJS or Node.js or Ember.js or React or Dojo or Backbone.js
- SOAP, REST API
Project you can join
HSBC is currently going through a period of transformative digital change and to remain competitive, must ramp up productive capacity in Digital and remove unnecessary barriers to go faster.
To achieve this an integrated team to design, build and run digital services: HSBC Digital Solutions (HDS) has been created. This group will accelerate delivery by creating a common sense of purpose, unifying delivery accountability, pioneering new ways of working and enabling faster decisions to deliver the agreed digital agenda. Bringing together over 5,000 colleagues from across the Group, HDS will focus on designing, building and running digital services in HSBC. It will strengthen a shared sense of purpose, unify delivery accountability and enable faster execution.
Communications Hub is an area within HDS who focus on delivering the products and platforms to provide personal and relevant communication on HSBC customer’s channel of choice.
We are currently seeking an experienced individual to join this team as a Solution Architect. The role will understand business problems in order to design an enterprise, technical solution to it.
The successful candidate will be part of and work with the Communications Hub business and technical leadership team to ensure product and platform design and integration is world class. He or she will coordinate with other functions to ensure all required outcomes are delivered both in an on-prem and cloud environment.
- Define and deliver solution platforms with tiered service levels whilst adopting Agile methods.
- Applying architectural risk management techniques and decision-making principles to ensure that Digital delivery velocity is maintained without compromising architectural integrity.
- Seek to push forward cloud strategies to provide cost effective and future proofed solutions for HDS.
- Ensure that savings and efficiency are delivered through reduced complexity and internal solutions.
- Contribute to technical strategic roadmaps and position the bank to provide new customer services secured by the latest industry capabilities.
- Work with engineers (working in Scrum teams) to implement architected solutions, responding to change and technical discoveries.
- Work with business to understand requirements and provide technical subject matter expertise in this area.
- Enable effective regulatory, audit & security controls
- Work with external vendors to ensure full understanding of their current and future states.
- Participate in continual improvement of Digital architecture by investigating new processes, technologies, and tools, and regular communication of related information.
- Foster a compliance culture and implement Information Technology Policy by managing architecture risks and diligently executing ratified the relevant architecture processes
- Additional monitor
- Freedom to pick your tools
- Open space
- Flexible working hours
- Remote possible: 40%
- Office hours: 8 - 18
- Healthcare package
- Healthcare package for families
- Financial bonus
- Hot beverages
- Language courses
- Visa Services
- Car parking
- Bicycle parking
- Chill room
- Integration events