Global Product Manager – New Categories Insights & Foresights
- British American Tobacco
- Employment contract
- Extensive experience (5+ years) as a business analyst or in business facing technology roles, with significant business impact. Can communicate effectively across organisational and technical boundaries, understanding the context. Makes complex and technical information and language simple and accessible for non-technical audiences. Can advocate and communicate what Data & Analytics team does to create trust and authenticity and can respond to challenge.
- Experience operating in multifunctional & geographically distributed Agile teams and Agile Product Management
- Proven experience (at least 2 comprehensive projects/products) working as a consultant/business analyst/ product manager with AI & Machine Learning applied to various and complex Data sources (eg. Social Media, Search, Website/Ecommerce etc.) & Data types (text, image, voice, video, sensors), to deliver competitive insights with commercial value.
- Working experience with data analytics products development lifecycle, with ability to define and build (or contribute to building) prototypes to test possible solutions. Ability to advise and support productionising existing MVPs, ensuring the teams build sustainable and scalable solutions.
- Very good understanding of data analytics cloud-based platforms and capabilities and can actively feed into the standards and features roadmap, based on business value.
- Familiar with cloud data analytics technology ie. cloud data storage (HDFS, ADLS, S3), Hadoop (platforms or Spark, Hive, Impala, Presto, etc), analytics tools (Databricks, Alteryx), analytical programming languages and coding standards (Python, SQL, PySpark, Scala), visualisation software (PowerBI, Tableau), Machine Learning (Azure/Amazon ML, GCP, IBM Watson)
- Evidence of self-motivation and outcome-oriented delivery
- Able to manage ambiguity, drive simplification in complex system and coach other team members on priority setting
- Good balance between analytical skills, curiosity and commercial drive
- A proactive and engaging approach
- Great team player
NICE TO HAVE EXPERIENCE
- FMCG/Pharma/Retail specific experience
- Functional Experience with eCommerce / CRM / Marketing Automation / Social Media Marketing / Search optimisation
- HDFS or ADLS or S3
- Databricks or Alteryx
- PowerBI or Tableau
- Python or SQL or PySpark or Scala
Project you can join
OVERALL ACCOUNTABILITIES v DAY TO DAY ACTIVITIES
British American Tobacco is developing the New Categories of products, aiming to provide a range of high quality, potentially reduced risk products as alternatives to traditional tobacco. Direct to consumer marketing, digital channels and the underpinning technology play a critical role part of the Marketing strategies for the New Categories.
Part of IDT Marketing – New Categories Insights & Foresights team, this role is responsible for the Data & Analytics technology solutions, enabling consumer insights generation, to support both strategic and day to day Consumer marketing decisions. The role works closely with the NC Global Marketing teams, as well as with key DRBU’s & End markets, to ensure current and future Data & Analytics technology solutions are fit for purpose and enable commercial value.
Global Senior Business Analyst – New Categories Insights & Foresights will be responsible for:
- Product Definition: Responsible for functional and non-functional requirements elicitation, framing, prioritisation, documentation and traceability, in the context of new markets and projects implementing the Consumer Data & Analytics platform, adopting existing or developing new Data & Analytics solutions
- Product Delivery: Planning and orchestrating the delivery across a scaled agile delivery team structure, formed of internal SMEs and multiple SI/consultancy partners
- Product Adoption: Evangelising Consumer Data platform and Consumer Analytics across organisation and Marketing community to gain new customers (markets/functions) and driving in-depth product adoption within existing internal customers to increase value for the organisation.
- Product Innovation: Driving innovation, through identification of new data sources, methods, tools and technologies and formulating proof of value/MVP proposals
- This role engages and collaborates cross-functionally within Marketing (ie. Strategy & Foresights, Marketing Solutions, Brands etc.) to understand and prioritise functional and non-functional requirements and deliver Data & Analytics solutions that enable commercial value delivery.
- Within IDT the role collaborates cross-functionally (ie. Technology Architecture & Delivery, Data Reporting & Analytics COE, Marketing IDT teams etc.) to drive alignment of Data & Analytics solutions within the broader Connected Consumer technology architecture, development, deployment and services roadmaps.
At British American Tobacco we are committed to handling your personal data responsibly and with integrity. If you would like to read our Privacy Notice, please access the following link: https://www.bat.com/careers/en/privacy_notice
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those candidates selected for the next step of the recruitment process will be contacted.
How we manage our projects?
- Methodology: Agile
- Healthcare package
- Healthcare package for families
- Financial bonus
- Cold beverages
- Hot beverages
- Car parking
- Bicycle parking
- Chill room
- Playroom for children
- Integration events