Product Control are the Financial Guardians of the Bank's trading activities with a mandate of:
- Providing reliable and relevant financial information to the business managers, external business partners and other relevant internal constituents.
- Ensuring complete, accurate and timely P&L, Balance Sheets and analysis.
- Working with the businesses and the new business product groups to evaluate and integrate new products and businesses into our financial environment in a controlled manner.
- Executing controls to detect unauthorized trading or unusual activity and raise issues in a timely manner to senior management.
Wroclaw branch currently employing 35+ people. Their skillset includes business analysis, data science, programming in various languages (e.g. Python, R, Java, .Net), project and test management and beyond.
The role offers a hands-on engineering position responsible for automation aspects of the processes of developing, testing and releasing software at high-performance Big Data solutions in the Finance space. Your key responsibilities will be:
- Building and setting up new development tools and infrastructure
- Understanding the needs of stakeholders and conveying this to developers
- Working on ways to automate and improve development and release processes
- Testing and examining code written by others and analyzing results
- Identifying technical problems and developing software updates and 'fixes'
- Working with software developers and software engineers to ensure that development follows established processes and works as intended
- Planning out projects and being involved in project management decisions.
Who we're looking for?
- Good Python and script programming skills
- Experience with automated build and continuous integration (Linux, Jenkins)
- Experience with test automation tools such as (but not limited) Cucumber
- Working comfortably with distributed version control and project management tool (Git, Jira, Confluence)
- Good knowledge of testing methodology (BDD, TDD)
- Excellent team working and communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Good attention to details
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, and the ability to work on multiple projects at the same time
- Awareness of DevOps and Agile principles.
- Fluent English
- Experience with container technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes
- Understanding of financial industry and its data
- Good understanding of PL/SQL
- Good understanding of Big Data, Hadoop, Spark, HDFS