Senior Java Developer
- You and your teammates are responsible for all aspects of delivering software to your users:
o Speaking to the product owner (traders) to understand new feature requirements
o Development of new features
o Automating regression testing of new software
o Frequent deployment of multiple software packages to production
o Production availability - we collectively build and own the service
o Peer review of colleague's changes
o Speak up and help shape how we do things better
Falcon Equities Trading is the in house platform for our principal trading activity. That is, any activity that requires our Equities business to commit capital in order to facilitate our client activity: electronic trading and market making, risk management, pricing, and request for quote on Equity and Equity Derivative products. As technology teams supporting this global business we use cutting edge technology and we strive to be devops in everything we do, with a strong emphasis on close engagement with our business, agile processes and continuous improvement. Our technology, and the team is highly regarded within Global Banking and Markets business and senior IT management.
We value self-motivated individuals who enjoy problem solving and are passionate about technology. As a team we collaborate with our business partners and other IT teams globally and enjoy lively debate in order to find the best solutions to new challenges. We try to learn and review what we did in order to self-develop; overall we care and take pride in the technology solutions we deliver to the Equities business globally.
Who we are:
We are a global team of full stack development engineers supporting an entirely in-house application called Falcon for our global Equities trading businesses. This application provides execution capability on over 100 markets globally, the ability to market make products and to trade using algos. Our pods adhere to the DevOps ethos and work closely in partnership with the Equities traders. Everybody in the team will develop, release and support components of the system in production.
What we do:
Who we're looking for?
- Familiar with TDD, continuous integration and delivery environment using Git/Stash/Teamcity or equivalent tooling
- Experience with REST, messaging technologies and JVM performance tuning.
- MongoDB, Solace, TIG stack experience
- Experience building cloud based solutions using public cloud providers.
- An interest in Equity or Equity Derivatives trading business
- A passion for software development outside of work through involvement in open source, working groups, meetups etc.