Senior Software Engineer with C++
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
The Astro Base Station Software department, part of Motorola Solutions, is one of the teams which develops mission-critical public safety ASTRO® 25 communication system and we are responsible for delivering software for ASTRO® 25 site equipment.
Our products are developed by self-organizing Agile teams which have end to end responsibility for the whole software development process, starting from requirements definition and decomposition, through software development, integration and testing until final system validation and delivery to our customers.
You will have an opportunity to work with mission critical telecommunications systems.
You will learn about investigate, design and troubleshoot real-world voice and data transfer scenarios spanning the topics of quality, IP networking, signalling, wired and over-the-air interface protocol interoperability while maintaining testability, robustness, encryption, security, real-time performance and recoverability of the system.
In doing so you will cooperate with other teams in our global organization.
- strong team-oriented culture
- flexible working hours
- contract of employment
- comfortable work conditions (high-class offices, parking space)
- volleyball field and grill place next to the office
- lots of sports activities as Moto football league, Wakeboarding, Snowboarding, e-gaming league etc.
- private medical & dental coverage
- life insurance
- Employee Stock Plan
- IP Tax Relief
- 8 hours working day (30 minutes lunch break included)
- access to wellness facilities and integration events
- training and broad development opportunities
- Motorola Solutions is supporting CSR activities and encourages employees to participate
Who we're looking for?
- 3+ years of proven experience working with C++ 11 or greater
- Practical knowledge of at least one scripting language (Bash, Python)
- Practical knowledge of Unix/Linux operating systems family
- Knowledge of basic networking configurations, protocols and hardware components ( TCP/UDP etc)
- Experience working with code versioning systems (e.g. GIT)
- University degree in Telecommunication or Computer Science or related field
- Communicate with clarity and precision in English
Following skills will be a plus:
- Experience working in Agile environment (SCRUM, Nexus, Jira etc)
- Knowledge of basic container technologies (Docker etc)
- Practical knowledge of Object Oriented Programming (OOP) and Unit Testing
- Know-how in re-engineering and refactoring
- Basic knowledge of telecommunications technologies
- Healthcare package
- Healthcare package for families
- Leisure package
- Financial bonus
- Pracowniczy Program Emerytalny
- Cold beverages
- Hot beverages
- Car parking
- Bicycle parking