Main aspect of the role is Application support.
Person is exposed to and gains experience in both technical and business domain. Still technical tasks will prevail on business.
Expected work scope covers:
- Issue analysis from technical perspective (code, infrastructure, DB)
- Evaluation of stack traces and log errors
- Preparing code fixes for known issues
The project revolves around a suite of applications designed for Regulatory Transaction Reporting. Its bank-wide project covering almost the entire Investment Banking and every Front Office application within. Applications daily process millions of transactions, For many of them there is 15-mins SLA to report, so system has very high demands
Teams are self-organized and comprise 1 BA and 6 Java Developers (junior to senior) to analyze requirements and deliver business solutions timely. We do apply proven practices of Continuous Delivery to react quickly to change, using Clean-Code and Coding Craftsmanship approach with the focus on Test Driven Development, Acceptance Test Driven Development and Domain Driven Development with almost 90% code coverage.
This is a challenging technical domain where teams define the architecture and technical solutions that are agreed upon using internal Technical Design committees. New solution is currently developed to move platform on the latest technology stack.
Who we're looking for?
- Solid attention to details and ability to find gaps
- Prepared to take responsibility about discovered problems and drive resolution process
- Able to analyze problems using different sources (documentation, source code etc)
- Code investigation
- Application debugging
- Oracle preferably
- Able to make complex queries
- XML functions to extract data
- Search over logs
- Basic health checks
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- You will have a lot of conversations, both verbal and written
- Team player not too shy to ask questions and reach out to people to clarify things
Investment Banking domain knowledge