Senior Data Network Engineer
Senior Data Network Engineer
Radio Telecommunication system project for NCIA
GDMS-Italy is hiring a Sr. Data Network/IT Engineer, responsible for the implementation and testing of a data network/IT infrastructure to support a Radio Telecommunication system project for NCIA in Poland (Lezice and Rumia).
Duties and Responsibilities
Responsibilities of the Sr. Data Network/IT Engineer will be:
- Under general direction, the Senior Data Network/IT Engineer studies, designs, constructs, and coordinates Medium-Large Scale LAN/WAN/MPLS equipment, systems and facilities, from different manufacturers.
- The work is carried out on a project basis with tight deadlines and well-defined milestones for the delivery of project objectives. The Senior Data Network Engineer is involved across all aspects of service delivery, from carrying out feasibility exercises and determining requirements to preparing detailed, technical and operational documentation.
- He interacts with co-workers, vendors, the general public and representatives of other organizations to obtain and disseminate information, advise on projects, resolve conflicts, set priorities, coordinate activities, complete projects within time and budget constraints, and provide assistance.
- Directs projects assigned by management by planning plans of action, resource allocation and monitoring progress.
- Attends meetings, conferences, task forces, committees, events, etc. to provide and receive updated information, work in unity with other business units with similar telecommunication equipment and system interests.
- He will conduct tests and commissioning of the system and he will support the customer during the maintenance period, for troubleshooting activities.
Who we're looking for?
Qualifications and Experience
The Sr. Data Network Engineer/IT Engineer will:
- design and implement Data Network a infrastructure, which encompass Hardware (routers, switches, etc.) and Circuit to Packet. The ideal candidate is expert in Cisco and Juniper CTP design and configuration.
- Design and implement a Windows Domain applying security settings as required.
- create and maintain documentation for all system-related processes and procedures that he is in charge-of, including project requirements, changes, and upgrades, implementation and migration plans.
- be adept at network engineering, with working knowledge of data network devices, collaboration devices, wireless and security infrastructures.
- be an excellent problem solver who can determine the main source of product/configuration issues and provide quick, elegant solutions.
- when building and maintaining the Data Network infrastructure, ensure that all details are correct, from software code to configuration settings, in order to avoid malfunctions, bugs, and security breaches.
- have a good knowledge of Digital Security standards and protocols
- have minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience
- have ability to analyze and reduce a wide range of product data in the determination of root
- causes to problems.
- have knowledge of design documentation standards
- demonstrate initiative, applies personal talent to practical solutions
- be self-motivated and work independently as well as in teams
- be fluent in English, comprehension, reading, writing, and interpersonal skill
- A postgraduate degree in telecommunications, electronic engineering, computer science, physics, I.T. or another technical subject tends to be the minimum academic requirement.
- Relevant and any applicable Cisco-like certification (CCNP or higher) is an highly preferred skill.
Qualified candidates must submit their resume in Microsoft Word or PDF format along with at least two professional references.