Platform Support Technician
- Develop clear understanding the platform support methods
- Develop clear understanding of and manage system documentation
- Manage and update system monitors for adequacy and implement
- Addressing issues as they arise
- Take part in after hours on call support
- Take part in after hours/weekend deployments as required
- Prioritise requests from end users, development and product teams
- Transfer knowledge gained since on-boarding into existing support team
- Merge PS methodologies with "current" application support methodologies
We are building a team to run technology, innovation and support for a world-class investment management institution. The scope of the applications and business areas covers applications and infrastructure support, trading, risk management and reporting, market data processing, market surveillance and intelligence, books keeping, reporting and more.
We are establishing a star team capable of facing the challenges of modern highly paced environments, lots of data, demand for top-class performance, availability and reliability. We utilize a wide stack of technologies and keep innovating and adopting new architectures and ways to retain leadership in the marketplace.
We are looking for bright people with engineering talent and highly proficient in their technological area, ready to continue learning and challenging the status quo as they work, willing to learn from mistakes and continue excelling.
Who we're looking for?
Required Experience and Skills
- Experience with infrastructure as code (ansible, terraform...etc.)
- Experience developing and maintaining CI/CD process for enterprise SaaS and on-prem applications using tools like Git, Jenkins, Maven, Bamboo etc.
- Hands-on experience in building/administering containers using tools such as Docker, Vagrant, Kubernetes (open shift) etc.
- Experience in maintaining public cloud-based solutions with AWS and Azure
- Hands-on experience maintaining/building cloud based microservices.
- Experience in handling and supporting Confluent KAFKA
- Experience in supporting Elasticsearch, Logstash and Kibana stack environment
- Experience in fast-paced financial technology environment
- Ability to analyze and resolve complex infrastructure resource and application deployment issues.
Technical skills: CI/CD, Kubernetes, Logstash, Kibana, Apache Maven, Elasticsearch, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Git, Software as a Service (SaaS), Ansible, Vagrant, Jenkins, Bamboo, Docker, Microservices
Preferred Experience and Skills
- An understanding of the financial markets and trading applications
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience with the use of MS Office applications: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Visio.
Skills: Trading, Financial Market Infrastructure (FMI), Microsoft Office