Senior DevOps Cloud Engineer
As a DevOps Engineer, you will be part of team responsible for establishing and maintaining the Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) automation infrastructure to support Software Engineering team. You will work with a cross functional team to deliver scalable automation solutions to enable rapid development, configuration management of the source code and supporting test, deployment and production sustaining activities.
In this role you will:
- Work closely with the development team to understand the solution architecture and build requirements in order to properly build the CI/CD pipelines.
- Be part of a growing team establishing the platform of the future for the build and deployment of infrastructure as code.
- Help establish best practices for code deployment to on premise and cloud-based infrastructure.
- Help establish best practices for integrating unit testing as part of the automated build pipeline.
- Work with development teams to create flexible architectures that can ensure enough capacity for traffic spikes
- Work with development and support teams to provide alerting and monitoring frameworks for applications and infrastructure to ensure monitoring for system health and performance across the entire stack.
This position works closely with our internal software developers, external partners and service providers to ensure our systems are stable, reliable and provide a fast, responsive experience for our customers.
We are building a team to run technology, innovation and support for a world-class investment management institution. The scope of the applications and business areas covers applications and infrastructure support, trading, risk management and reporting, market data processing, market surveillance and intelligence, books keeping, reporting and more.
We are establishing a star team capable of facing the challenges of modern highly paced environments, lots of data, demand for top-class performance, availability and reliability. We utilize a wide stack of technologies and keep innovating and adopting new architectures and ways to retain leadership in the marketplace.
We are looking for bright people with engineering talent and highly proficient in their technological area, ready to continue learning and challenging the status quo as they work, willing to learn from mistakes and continue excelling.
Who we're looking for?
Required Experience and Skills:
- Expert knowledge of Jenkins and CI/CD pipelines including experience using pipeline as code (Groovy)
- Development background - proficient in one or more programming languages (Java, Python, or C#)
- Strong knowledge of software configuration management systems and version control software preferably git
- Strong understanding of test processes and test strategies including test automation
- Strong understanding of the software development life cycle
- Good technical understanding of large-scale server and cloud infrastructures
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Passion and skill for quickly learning new tools and approaches
- Technical Skills: Java, Jenkins, Groovy, C#, Configuration Management, Python, CI/CD, Git