At Hitachi Energy our purpose is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We bring power to our homes, schools, hospitals and factories. Join us and work with fantastic people, while learning and developing yourself on projects that have a real impact to our communities and society. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and be part of a global team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
We are a Hitachi Energy product group that develops and builds innovative indoor and outdoor wireless communications technologies and products used for mission-critical applications (e.g. for distribution/secondary distribution automation), industrial IIoT deployments, municipal networks (smart cities, logistics & public transportation). The portfolio contains multiple types and generations of edge devices and a carrier grade NMS solution for integrated, end to end management of those. With planned expansion we are looking for a software architect to lead the transition of the NMS product through the technology stack, enabling us for future growth.
We are looking for a Principal Java Developer/Architect to join our engineering team building large scale wireless networking solutions.
More about our product
- Full ownership of architecture and design of NMS product, including proposing the new solution, reliable migration path(s), implementing/overseeing PoCs etc.
- End-to-end technical responsibility (accountable for the development team) from technical concepts, through product development, up to its validation and verification.
- Work in the areas of general technology stack recommendations, product/solution security, product validation/testing mechanisms.
- Overseeing a team of software developers (technical leadership, guidance, code/design reviews, etc.) and hands-on development of more critical parts (at least in the initial project stages).
- Coordination of technology roadmap (with enablers) with product managers (features roadmap, strategic direction). Reviews/co-writing of functional and non-functional specifications.
- Cooperation with UI/UX team with respect to product user experience design, design blueprints, technical feasibility assessments, etc.
- Propose functional and non-functional NMS product improvements and architecture runways.
- Risks identification and mitigation.
- Working in agile development environment with daily use of Azure DevOps (for features definition, decomposition, scope management, etc).
- Preparation of architecture/design blueprints or whitepapers (lightweight!).
- Senior SW Engineer/Lead SW Engineer/Software Architect with more than 5 years of hands on experience in development and architecture of Java based products with web based frontends.
- Strong competencies in non-functional aspects of products like scalability, availability, maintainability, testability, etc.
- Able to go (design wise) from frontend, through backend, to data persistence layer (e.g. relational DBs) and also touch supplementary services (security, OS/platform, O&M).
- Security design experience (data at store, data at transfer, secure design principles, secure protocols).
- Basic understanding of core networking topics (layers, routing, secure networking).
- Experience in designing/developing Element Management/Network Management/Fleet Management class of systems.
- Experience in product technology transformation/migration (e.g. taking them from past technology stacks to newer ones).
- Additional monitor
- Freedom to select tools
- Healthcare package
- Healthcare package for families
- Leisure package
- On-line training platform
- Language courses
- Financial bonus
- Life insurance
- Leisure package for families
- Teams integration and company events
- MS Office license
- Temporary housing
- Money for moving expenses
- Bicycle parking
- Car parking
- Chill room
- on-line stretching sessions
- Public transport subsidy
- Concierge in the office
- Equipment for working remotely
- Cold beverages
- Hot beverages
The global technology and market leader in power grids is committed to advancing a sustainable energy future for all
Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry, and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible, and secure whilst balancing social, environmental, and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries.