Are you tired of academia? Do you get more satisfaction from delivering business results and great questions instead of producing research papers? Are you building a deep intuition about data and how to define success before going deep with algorithms? If you're a builder who is fearless in challenging conventions and bringing new ideas to the table, we want to hear from you! To bring our tailor-made tools for the needs of the movie industry to the very next level.
What We offer You:
- No more boring, outdated structures and superficial gym memberships.
- We believe in a permission-less environment that lets us focus on delivering value without overcomplicating things.
- We prioritize meaningful work over perks and that true fulfillment comes from intrinsic motivation, personal growth, and making a lasting impact.
- We trust our skilled professionals to maintain a no-nonsense attitude and create an environment that promotes innovation.
- We are committed to helping you achieve your personal and professional goals, and we offer a collaborative and supportive environment to do so.
- Truly a hybrid work environment. You are not required to come to the office, but you will definitely want to.
While a solid technical background is crucial, we are looking for someone who is not just a scientist or nerd but also can think strategically and work effectively with different stakeholders in JustWatch. If you have the personality, skills, and experience we are looking for, and if you are genuinely excited about the opportunity to drive business growth through machine learning and data science, we want to hear from you!
If we caught your attention and you're eager to delve into our perspectives and thought processes, we recommend immersing yourself in the blog post authored by our CEO, which elaborates on these subjects:
- A company culture that really works
- Audience as a Service
- Or visit our blog here: https://www.justwatch.com/blog
What You Will be Doing:
- Don't start from scratch. Draw from years of data engineering excellence and a treasure trove of meaningful quality data you can model on from day one. Iterate with boring technology and keep it simple. Snowflake, Python, Pytorch, Scipy, XGBoost. You'll start introducing more complexity where it makes sense.
- Build prototypes based on smart assumptions in three days instead of planning to outperform the SoTA in three months.
- Understand our rich internal Recommendations-ML-Engine to pull from. Work on classical (non-)linear optimization problems through tabular modeling, forecasting, normalization, and NLP.
- Steal liberally from basic research instead of attempting it yourself.