Finding a job as a backend junior developer can be hard. Just think about all the technologies and skills you have to know. A server-side programming language, a database, probably some HTML, CSS and JS, Docker, Command line and so on and so forth. Not to mention the "great communication skills"!
The truth is that most companies just don't have time to mentor junior developers and they expect them to be productive from day one.
AppUnite has always been a company you stay in for a long time. That means that mentoring you is an investment (it's actually quite fun, as well!). And it's not a huge investment anyway. Three months of working with a real team on a real project will make you a great developer.
What we offer is not a bootcamp. It's not a paid internship. It's a job. A job, where your only goal for the first 3 months is to learn as much as you can.
What you will learn :
- How to use Elixir and Phoenix on a real project.
- How to use Git when working with a team.
- How to deploy your code using Kubernetes.
- How to cooperate with others using techniques like code review or pair programming.
- How to communicate with the team and with the client.
- How to work in an agile environment with a lot of uncertainty.
- How to prioritize work.
- How to write an article describing your experience.
Who we're looking for?
What we expect
The most important thing is your motivation to learn and an open mind. We also expect you to tell us why you're a great candidate for that position. Basic knowledge of Elixir/Phoenix will also help.
How to apply?
We don't expect you to solve technical tasks. Just send us your Resume, Cover Letter (don't be too official, though, we just want to get to know you a bit) and point out sources where you learn from on a daily basis with a short description why you find them valuable ones.
- Remote or on site work.
- Big comfortable office in the heart of Poznań.
- Freedom to co-organize any internal or public AppUnite events, like boarding game/poker meetups, afterparty events.
- Co-financed conferences attendance.
- MacBook and a shiny monitor.
- Free group English lessons with native speakers and other members of AppUnite.
- Private Medical Care.
- Private Life Insurance.
- Paid vacation and sick days.
- Healthcare package
- Healthcare package for families
- Cold beverages
- Hot beverages