Provide support service for front and middle office financial applications, such as trading platforms, risk and portfolio management tools.
Be responsible for Event, Incident, Problem and Knowledge management process. Participate in project activities as part of continuous service improvement. Collaborate with business and technical stakeholders to ensure environment stability.
- Perform Environment monitoring and issues resolution during US market hours. Support end-to-end data flows and health/sanity checks of the systems/applications.
- Ensure platform stability (application work in frames of agreed SLA, notify Luxoft management/Client in case of unexpected behavior)
- Ensure issue resolutions happen withing agreed RTO.
- Logs review, data discovery in database tables for investigation of workflows failures. Raise a defect and start pro-active work on the resolution when the issue got identified. Escalate unexpected behavior found during the logic review (bugs in implementation) to the implementers team
- Investigate and supply analysis for fix application/configuration issues on production environment (improper configuration/deny of services etc.) , support defect fixes rollouts
- Contact/chase responsible support/upstream/downstream/cross teams and ask for root cause analysis from them on issues preventing end-to-end flow to work as designed (other development/service teams to get details on disruption of services/unexpected behavior, incorrect data flow from external applications)
- Be responsible for governance process during issue remediation and post root cause investigation process
- Work with Windows and Unix Based applications, organized as a microservices withing various containerization tool. Get hands-on experience with on-previse and cloud infrastructure and services. Automate support tasks with CI/CD and Orchestrations tools.
- Update knowledge articles on new issues (classify known issues, symptoms and workarounds/fixes)
- Be responsible for monitoring set-up and maintenance.
We are building a team to run technology, innovation and support for a world-class investment management institution. The scope of the applications and business areas covers applications and infrastructure support, trading, risk management and reporting, market data processing, market surveillance and intelligence, books keeping, reporting and more.
We are establishing a star team capable of facing the challenges of modern highly paced environments, lots of data, demand for top-class performance, availability and reliability. We utilize a wide stack of technologies and keep innovating and adopting new architectures and ways to retain leadership in the marketplace.
We are looking for bright people with engineering talent and highly proficient in their technological area, ready to continue learning and challenging the status quo as they work, willing to learn from mistakes and continue excelling.
Join our international team located in Warsaw (Poland) , work with matured technical experts and obtain experience from different IT areas. Get a chance to hands-on in projects related to infrastructure migration and buildout, software delivery and support.
Who we're looking for?
- 5+ years of experience as a Production Support Engineer.
- Financial, Investment banking domain.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- English (written, spoken - upper-intermediate). Strong analytical mindset, responsible, multi-tasking, client-oriented, strong communication skills.
- Strong MSSQL Database knowledge and CRUD concept (PL/SQL, MSQL, and tools knowledge is a must).
- Experience with .Net \ Java applications - working with logs, troubleshooting, debugging.
- Strong SQL/PLSQL is a must.
- Strong knowledge of Unix like and Windows platforms.
- Practical experience with data gathering and processing, data discovery.
- Experience with XML like file formats - Knowledge of FIX protocol will be an advantage
- Experience with a batch system like Activebatch, Control-M, Autosys.
- Understanding of ITIL framework and SDLC process.
- Knowledge in investment banking like trade lifecycle, portfolio management, risks – will be a strong advantage.
- Experience with support of reporting systems
- Good scripting – bash, shell, PowerShell (or any other languages)
- Experience with ETL systems will be beneficial.
- Experience with MangoDB will be a strong benefit.
KEY Skills: Issue investigation and troubleshooting; Unix (bash/Shell); Windows(PowerShell); MSSQL DB; SQL/PLSQL; Docker; MangoDB; .NET (as a application); Batch processing tools: Activebatch (Control-M/Autosys; Logstash); Kibana; Elasticsearch.
NICE TO HAVE
- Financial \Investment background. (understanding of the financial markets and trading applications)
- Experience with infrastructure as code (terraform…etc.).
- Experience with maintaining CI/CD process.
- Experience with Source control system.
- Experience in support/administering containers using tools such as Docker, Vagrant, Kubernetes (open shift) etc.
- Experience with cloud-based solutions with AWS and Azure
- Experience in handling and supporting Confluent KAFKA
- Experience with orchestrators like Ansible.
- Experience with the use of MS Office applications: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Visio. Office 365.
Nice to have skills: CI/CD, Kubernetes, Apache Maven, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Git, Software as a Service (SaaS), Ansible, Vagrant, Jenkins, Bamboo, Microservices