- Develop services, features, and enhancements, primarily in Python or Go
- Work with the team in an agile manner on design, implementation, testing and code reviews in an iterative manner
- Take ownership of services deployed to production that satisfy diverse interests across our company
- Collaborate with other teams in Canonical to design central APIs that are exposed to dozens of customer facing applications and websites
- Evaluate off-the-shelf software and SaaS products to supplement services developed in house
- Assist in meeting with internal stakeholders to help gather requirements and set priorities
As a member of the team, you will be challenged to identify, design and implement software that increases exposure of open source solutions to the world. As part of an established and fully remote team your daily tasks will be designing, coding, reviewing, testing, delivery and maintenance of these software solutions. You will also be asked to provide guidance and consulting on other projects that integrate with these services around the company.
Who we're looking for?
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related engineering field
- 5+ years of experience as a software developer in a high-level language
- Proven ability to consistently deliver robust code to production
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to collaborate remotely with a diverse set of team members and stakeholders and remain highly motivated, productive, and organized
- Familiarity with Ubuntu as a development and deployment platform
- Experience developing and maintaining a robust and stable API for external consumption
- Experience integrating with authentication systems, ID management systems, public clouds, SalesForce (or other CRMs) a plus
- Experience providing critical and honest evaluation of 3rd party commercial systems software a plus
- Able to travel to international destinations is expected for 1 week at a time approximately 2-4 times per year. Locations in the last year have included New York, Seattle, London, Cape Town, Budapest, Berlin, Montreal, and Brussels.