- Responsible for the overall stability, reliability, recoverability, operability, instrumentation & performance of assigned systems
- Responsible to provide technical support & resolution for issues reported by customers (calls/emails/tickets)
- Responsible for responding to severity incidents, within SLA
- Responsible for creation and/or maintenance of operational documentation
- Represents the application(s) during Operational Calls
- Oversees new App server deployment, server refreshes and decommissions
- Monitors systems on a daily basis, provides daily health check updates, cleanup & enhance the alerting system and resolve issues flagged by the alerting systems.
- Supports implementations, performs application checkouts, as needed.
- Carry out On-Call rotation tasks as required by the business.
- Identifies areas of the release process that can be improved with advanced scripting and automation.
We are looking for forward-thinking, creative people who take ownership of results and make things happen. If this sounds like you, consider joining our team.
This particular position entails working in Service Delivery Operations 24x7 (Shift and/or On-call duty) fast paced operational environment dealing with critical high availability system(s) used by our customers (Airlines & Agencies) based all over the world providing system support, change authoring and deployments
Who we're looking for?
- Highly skilled with dealing/managing Unix/Linux system
- Experience to install, configure, trouble shoot applications in C++, Java
- Strong knowledge working on latest scripting languages – like Perl, Python, Shell scripting etc.
- Good understanding of TCP/IP, Load balancing tools, job scheduling tools and other network designs
- Familiarity working with Monitoring and Alerting tools.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, in a very fast paced environment
- Good Analytical capabilities & troubleshooting skills, during intense situations, where fast resolution is expected, every time
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good Multi-Tasking skills are essential to this job
- Experience working in a 24x7 fast paced Operational Environment (Shifts & On-Call Duties required)
- General experience with distributed architecture and/or High Availability Systems.
- Strong familiarity with common languages like C++, Java and database systems like Oracle, Informix
- Basic knowledge and understanding of MQ
- Experience working with Remote Teams
- Change Management Experience
- ITSM/ITIL Experience
- Preferred Knowledge of JIRA and/or Service Now
- Familiar with CMDB repositories
- Experience with Runbooks
Nice to have Skills:
- SQL Query Skills – basic Oracle or MYSQL
- Experience with SharePoint
- Experience with complex, high-availability systems
- Experience with Capacity Planning
- Healthcare package
- Healthcare package for families
- Financial bonus
- Hot beverages
- Cold beverages