Are you looking for new Android challenges, a fresh tech-stack and global clients? Join AppUnite, a software development company based in Poznan, Poland, that caters tech solutions to clients all over the US, Europe and Asia since 2010.
We are looking for talented and quick learning Junior Android Developers to extend our team of 15 Android developers.
Working at AppUnite you will:
- Collaborate and gain knowledge from experienced AppUnite mentors.
- Manage the full technical life-cycle of Android applications during each development phase.
- Communicate with a team of developers, designers, project managers, and other team members to ship new features.
- Perform individual project components within the entire development lifecycle including implementation, testing, deployment, and maintenance.
- Work from UI/UX requirements, APIs, mockups to build functional, high-performance Android phone and tablet apps.
- Diagnose performance issues, fix bugs to increase the functionality of new applications.
- Document and maintain design specifications, source code, and archives for new applications and ideas.
- Continuously learn about new programming languages, operating system updates, and other information that will affect applications' functions in development.
- Follow best practices for writing, reviewing and deploying good code:
- We use JIRA/ClickUp for tasks management,
- Code is linted with ktlint,
- Any changes to the code are submitted via PRs,
- Each PR has to be reviewed by at least one other developer,
- We write both unit & UI tests,
- We have CI set up that runs lint, unit and UI tests for each commit and deploys application to Crashlytics automatically,
- We do pair programming and cross-projects review from time to time,
- Designs are well prepared beforehand by professional designers and exported to Zeplin / Sketch,
- Our own QA team test business functionalities.
Who we're looking for?
- Basic knowledge of Android SDK, Android Studio, Kotlin
- Basic knowledge of JSON format and communication with REST APIs,
- Experience with commonly used external libraries like OkHttp, Retrofit, Glide,
- Engineering in Computer Science or related field (nice to have),
- It would be a big plus if you had commercial experience in mobile apps development,
- It would be a big plus if you had your apps in Google Play,
- It would be a big plus if you knew of RxJava and Dagger,
- Communicative English skills (minimum B1).
- Remote or on-site work
- Big comfortable office in the heart of Poznań.
- Freedom to co-organize any internal or public AppUnite events, like boarding game/poker meetups, afterparty events.
- Co-financed conferences attendance.
- MacBook and a shiny monitor.
- Free group English lessons with native speakers and other members of AppUnite.
- Private Medical Care.
- Private Life Insurance.
- Paid vacation and sick days.
- Healthcare package
- Healthcare package for families
- Cold beverages
- Hot beverages