We are looking for someone who will:
- be responsible for providing hands-on Level 2 production support of Corporate Center business aligned applications
- govern production support execution as aligned to existing ITIL framework
- follow effective and efficient operational policies, processes and procedures
- ensure all forms of workload are managed in line with established processes and procedures
- work closely with the vendor, key stakeholders to plan for cost optimized solutions, manage delivery, implementation, process improvement and production product support.
- possess strong analytical, problem-solving and synthesizing skills (i.e. you know how to figure problems out)
- possess strong verbal, writing and communication skills
- Unix, Oracle, Sybase, Scheduling, Autosys- all are very valuable skills for this role. You need to be a hand-on person.
- have a strong ability to solve complex issues
We're developing a strategic risk-management platform in one of the World's Top 10 Investment Banks. It is a mission-critical project for the Client because it enables large scale Monte Carlo simulations to forecast future cash flows of derivative trades and portfolios along with quantification of associated risks, which are used by Client's traders across the world. It is also used for Stress testing and runs hundreds of potential economic scenarios to confirm Bank's readiness for various business conditions to market regulators. Calculated exposures are used for Basel 3 reporting, RWA calculations, trading limits, valuation of Market and Credit risks etc.
This platform performs overnight data loading and runs batch processing during the day to deliver data to downstream systems according to strict SLAs. It is also capable of intraday online calculations. This is a legacy platform to an extent, but we keep developing new components and modify existing ones, there is more development than support activities. Also, there is undergoing Automation program sponsored by Client's top management in order to bring platform to modern and automated delivery process. We strive to reduce manual work and bring best engineering ideas to life.
Who we're looking for?
- Bachelor's degree (Computer Science preferred)
- Knowledge of Azure Technology or other Cloud provider service
- Familiarity with DevOps concepts and SRE.
- Scripting language such as Shell and similiar
- Monitoring tools and concepts
- Ability to read .Net code and perform troubleshooting
- Experience in supporting Business applications under an IT support organization preferably within Financial services industry
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of Incident and Problem Management practices.
- Demonstrated hands-on domain skills and track record of successful projects and deliveries
- Deep knowledge on most of the following - Unix, Oracle, Autosys
- Highly refined and professional in verbal and written communications
- Demonstrable experience in delivering a quality operational service to customers
- Experience in operating under a Global team environment
- Honest, reliable, self-motivated with a high level of integrity
- Highly committed, resilient and outcome focused
- Able to support multiple projects at any given time
- Flexible, adaptable and pragmatic with an ability to stay focused on objectives and a can-do-attitude
- Customer orientated and focused on service quality with strong interpersonal skills comfortable at interacting with colleagues at all levels
- ITIL Qualified & proficient in using Service Now