- Developing the architecture and concept of changes in the developed software,
- Technical supervision over the implementation of the developed software,
- Co-creation of requirements,
- Co-creation of development plans for developed software
Our client Bombardier is currently looking for a Software Engineer.
At Bombardier Transportation, our trains and rail solutions move millions of people safely and reliably around the world, every single day. Join us, and you'll be part of a global team, sharing knowledge, experience and ideas across countries and cultures, and boosting our reputation as a global leader in rail technology. Your work will have a truly human impact, connecting communities, cities and businesses, and helping people to get where they need to be. It's all about progress.
Purpose of the job
The Software Engineer will be part of a team that works in international projects, co-creating advanced rail traffic control systems with a high level of safety. The Software Engineer team deals with the creation and development of test and diagnostic tools and simulators for both the company's internal needs and external clients. The main purpose is to provide a diagnostic system supporting the work of rail maintenance services.
Who we're looking for?
- Bachelor's or master's degree in IT, Electronics, Automation or equivalent work experience
- Relevant previous experience in software development
- Practical knowledge of Java 6 or 7
- Practical knowledge of Java 8+
- Knowledge of Java EE
- Knowledge of Spring Boot (experience in microservices architecture is welcome)
- Experience in designing and using webservices (eg REST)
- Good knowledge of SQL (experience with database management systems, e.g. Postgresql)
- Knowledge of NoSQL (experience with MongoDb is welcome)
- Experience with Angular (Angular 7+ is welcome)
- Experience with Docker technology
- Experience in using JMS is welcome (eg ApacheMQ Artemis)
- Experience in working with version control systems, eg GIT, SVN
- Basic knowledge of computer networks
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to a dynamic business environment
- Ability to overcome obstacles arising during the implementation of projects
- English language skills are required