- Identification of Train Data Radio Communication Requirements in National Specifications, NNTRs (Notified National Technical Rule), Infrastructure Requirements, Operational Requirements (explicit and implicit).
- Elicit, analyze, validate, verify, and manage system requirements.
- Define system requirements, definition of system context and interfaces.
- Define Acceptance Criteria, Verification, Validation and Test Criteria
- Provide Configurations for internal products according to the (customer-)requirements
- Preparation of documentation as/and support for software developers, integrators, testers, validators and external assessors and authorities (e.g. explain requirements, assess and analyse non-conformities, lead discussions on specific technical topics) and homologation.
- Provide training on specific radio topics and knowledge transfer within the company
- Support tests in the lab and on the vehicle and to evaluate and analyze its data
For our client Bombardier we are looking for fresh graduates from Telecommunications Engineering, Electronics or Radio communications for a Radio System Engineer and you'll be looking at a career-defining role based in Katowice, Poland.
At Bombardier Transportation, our trains and rail solutions move millions of people safely and reliably around the world, every single day. Join us, and you'll be part of a global team, sharing knowledge, experience and ideas across countries and cultures, and boosting our reputation as a global leader in rail technology. Your work will have a truly human impact, connecting communities, cities and businesses, and helping people to get where they need to be. It's all about progress.
Purpose of the Job
As a Radio System Engineer, you will be part of a team in the Rail Control Solutions division and you will be involved in systems and products development included in the ETCS/ERTMS (European Train Control System/European Rail Traffic Management System) onboard solutions and support in the adaptation and application of Bombardier ERTMS products.
You will identify input requirements, formalize them into requirements and interface specifications and design, architect and drive new key deliverables for the ERTMS products.
Who we're looking for?
- Bachelor's or master's degree in Telecommunications Engineering, Electronics or Radio communications (with specialisation in the field of High Frequency or Radio communications)
- Analytical and very structured way of working with good communication skills
- Good knowledge of basic Office Applications (MS Office)
- English (spoken and written) at a fluent level is mandatory for this role, other European language represents an advantage to the role.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.