- You coach and support engineering teams in the implementation of DevOps activities
- You are responsible for the planning, development & implementation of IT solutions in the cloud environment (AWS).
- You optimize monitoring systems and are responsible for the further development of build processes and the automation of deployment processes
- You are responsible for the development and continuous optimization of our development infrastructure
- You are the responsible person when it comes to the performance, availability and security of our software and system landscapes
- You will also actively shape our current DevOps standards & provide support for our software developers
We are looking for a new Senior DevOps Engineer (m/f/d) to join our Core team as soon as possible. Within our Core team, you will work on our overall infrastructure, APIs, database architecture, as well as shared backend services. You will also train and coach the whole engineering team in DevOps best practices. The results of your work will have impact on thousands of customers, millions of end customers and hundreds of partners.
IN A NUTSHELL
- Level - ★★★★☆
- Our Tech Stack
- DevOps - AWS (Ec2, ECS, RDS, Elasticcache, Cloudfront, IAM ….), Gitlab, Gitlab-CI, Jenkins, Atlassian Jira/Confluence, Docker, Terraform, Proxmox.
- Your future gear - Mac, Windows or Linux laptop (private use allowed)
- Remote option - Work from wherever you are, while enjoying quarterly team events with all bookingkids in Berlin
- Perks - Flexible work time, pet friendly office, breakfast, snacks & fruits 24/7, Company BBQs, Team events, Sport leagues, relocation support…
Who we're looking for?
MUST-HAVES, SHORT & TO THE POINT
- Have >5 years of system engineering and linux administration under your belt.
- Have >3 years of general AWS experiences: EC2,ECS,RDS (Mysql/Aurora), Elasticache, Cloudfront …
- Have the basics covered: Linux, bash, webserver/proxy/database configuration, networking…
- Proficient in managing complex cloud infrastructure with a declarative IaC solution like terraform or cloudformation.
- CI/CD knowledge (Jenkins, Gitlab-CI).
- Proficiency in at least one scripting language.
- Experience with container technologies for local development and cloud environments (Docker, AWS ECS).
- Experience with AWS based microservice setups (API gateway, Lambda … ).
- Strong experience in terraform managed AWS environments.
- Further automation / configuration management technologies like ansible, salt, chef …
- Automation with code quality analysis tools (SonarQube).
- Kubernetes / AWS EKS knowledge.
- Non cloud based virtualization technologies (KVM, Proxmox, VMWare, Xen…) and bare metal server administration.
- Proficient in PHP or Go.