- As a Software Engineer & Technical Project Manager(mainly PHP and Golang) you are reporting directly to our Head of Product.
- You are part of the Engineering team at bookingkit and will be working closely together with DevOps engineers, QA engineers and product managers to conceptualize and build innovative and scalable software for our customers.
- You will build scalable services in Golang, as well as improve existing systems in PHP (Laravel and Yii).
- Based on your experience, your knowledge in DevOps processes, AWS environments or VueJS will come in handy.
- bookingkit is building the leading infrastructure for tours & activities in Europe. Thus, at our core we are a B2B2C company, driven by SaaS and APIs. You will have the chance to set the foundation for all of our innovations.
- Our API partners include connections to top-tier providers such as Google, GetYourGuide and TripAdvisor. Due to our market position we have the possibility to set and influence industry standards and are actively engaged in committees steering this development.
- We are in the unique position to be the market leader for infrastructure technology and now need to develop our platform in that direction as well.
- Your role is to be part of the change from a mostly monolithic PHP driven structure to a (micro-)service driven structure using state of the art technology, like Golang.
- In order to succeed on that mission we are recruiting top tier engineers to support us on our path.
- Build and launch scalable, production-ready software.
- Collaborate with DevOps & QA engineers, as well as product managers during product exploration to give context on feasibility.
- Contribute to the product, software architecture, infrastructure, tech stack, as well as the user experience.
- Coordinate planning & workflows
- Support & drive prioritisation of initiatives
- Share your knowledge and experience with other engineers.
We are actively looking for a new Senior Software Engineer & Technical Project Manager to join our Core team as soon as possible. Within our Core team, you will work on our APIs, the underlying business logic and database architecture, as well as shared backend services. The results of your work will have impact on thousands of customers, millions of end customers and hundreds of partners.
IN A NUTSHELL
- Level - ★★★★☆
- Your future gear - Mac or Windows laptop (private use allowed)
- Remote option - Work from wherever you are, while enjoying quarterly team events with all bookingkids in Berlin
- Perks - Flexible work time, pet friendly office, breakfast, snacks & fruits 24/7, Company BBQs, Team events, Sport leagues, relocation support…
Who we're looking for?
MUST-HAVES, SHORT & TO THE POINT
- Working experience of at least 6 years.
- You are experienced in PHP and frameworks like Laravel or Yii.
- You have worked with RESTful APIs and have a sound understanding of MySQL.
- You strive for high code quality, are no stranger to design patterns and love to write automated tests.
- You have supported teams in mastering Agile methodologies like Kanban, Scrum or XP
- You are fluent in English and communicate with internal and external stakeholders on a high level.
- Experience with Golang or AWS/DevOps would definitely be a plus.
- Knowledge of frontend technologies would also be beneficial.