- As a Team Lead Engineering you are reporting directly to our Head of Product.
- You will be supporting and coaching the engineers within our 2 product teams (SaaS and Reach)
- You are part of the Engineering team at bookingkit and will be working closely together with product managers and product designers to conceptualize and build innovative and scalable software for our customers.
- You will build scalable services in Golang, as well as improve existing systems in PHP (Laravel and Yii).
- Based on your experience, your knowledge in VueJS/frontend technologies and DevOps processes will come in handy.
- bookingkit is building the leading infrastructure for tours & activities in Europe. Thus, at our core we are a B2B2C company, driven by SaaS and APIs. You will have the chance to set the foundation for all of our innovations.
- Our API partners include connections to top-tier providers such as Google, GetYourGuide and TripAdvisor. Due to our market position we have the possibility to set and influence industry standards and are actively engaged in committees steering this development.
- We are in the unique position to be the market leader for infrastructure technology and now need to develop our platform in that direction as well.
- Your role is to be part of us building an innovative SaaS solution in the tours & activities market, as well as supporting the change from a mostly monolithic PHP driven structure to a (micro-)service driven structure using state of the art technology, like Golang.
- In order to succeed on that mission we are recruiting top tier engineers to support us on our path.
- Coach and support software engineers
- Guide your team to achieve personal development and an innovative spirit
- Recommend strategies for team and technical development, as well as cultural initiatives to the leadership team
- Build and launch scalable, production-ready software.
- Collaborate with product managers, product designers and QA engineers during product exploration to give context on feasibility.
- Share your knowledge and experience with other engineers.
We are actively looking for a new Team Lead Engineering - Product Engineering to join our team as soon as possible. You would fill a double role as the Team Lead and people manager for all engineers within our 2 product focussed teams (SaaS, Reach), as well as a Senior Software Engineer in the “SaaS” team.
Within the “SaaS team”, you will have the chance to not only work on a SaaS system, but also shape the eCommerce experience of thousands of our customers and thus millions of consumers. Your work will have a direct impact on the future success of our product.
IN A NUTSHELL
- Level - ★★★★☆
- Your future gear - Mac or Windows laptop (private use allowed)
- Remote option - Work from wherever you are, while enjoying quarterly team events with all bookingkids in Berlin
- Perks - Flexible work time, pet friendly office, breakfast, snacks & fruits 24/7, Company BBQs, Team events, Sport leagues, relocation support…
Who we're looking for?
MUST-HAVES, SHORT & TO THE POINT
- Working experience of at least 6 years within software companies.
- Experience leading a team of engineers for at least 2 years.
- You are experienced in PHP and frameworks like Laravel or Yii.
- You have worked with RESTful APIs and have a sound understanding of MySQL.
- You strive for high code quality, are no stranger to design patterns and love to write automated tests.
- You are fluent in English and communicate with internal and external stakeholders on a high level.
- Experience with Golang or AWS/DevOps would definitely be a plus.
- Knowledge of frontend technologies would also be beneficial.