- Designing and developing cross technology solutions (Java/Kotlin and Hadoop distribution tech stack)
- Implementing software components and tests in Java.
- Troubleshoot issues (including performance) and develop resolutions
- Complete assigned tasks based on pre-planned project milestones
- Contribution to DevOps pipelines and Kubernetes deployments
The Finance Technology Strategic Calculations team is responsible for the architecture and delivery of calculation applications in bank finance department.
Due to intensive work on green field project we look for Senior Java Developer, who can contribute to design and implementation of high-performance and robust systems.
Group Finance Tech - Strategic Calculation team is the first team in the bank, that developed bespoke large-scale BigData application. We have expertise in BigData processing and analytics, Kubernetes deployments and use it in wide range of projects. We design and architect our solutions based on our technical experience, R&D and business requirements.
The team consists of 30 developers, split into project sub-teams working agile style. Teams are cross-functional. i.e. different roles like front-end developer, back-end developer, quality engineer form project team. Assignments are not permanent i.e. people can change projects and roles depending of their preference.
Who we're looking for?
- Extensive experience with designing and developing "large-scale" Java based applications
- Experience with developing applications that can handle massive data.
- 4+ years of Hands-on experience on a similar position
- Experience in work in agile distributed teams and in international environment
- Ability to analyse the business requirements and convert them into detailed program logic.
NICE TO HAVE
Apart of Java, additional nice to have requirements are:
- React or Angular JS libraries
- Kubernetes, Docker
- Cloud deployments in OpenShift or GCP
- Hands-on experience with one or more major Hadoop distributions and various ecosystem components (Kafka, Impala etc)