- Design and implement new functionalities on the need basis
- Under the guidance of a Development Team Leader, work directly with allocated Project Managers, Business Analysts and external IT and business teams to implement change requests and new features
- Take responsibility for changes that go through multiple tiers from the browser through to the back-end databases by collaborating with other developers
- Utilize standards, architectures, and processes to ensure that all code and development practices conform to company guidelines and industry best practices
- Participate in all aspects of the project lifecycle, following stringent rules and procedures for testing and promoting code in compliance with company change control processes
- Show ability to be an effective team member working closely with colleagues from multiple teams and disciplines, bringing benefit to the team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Show understanding of good project planning practices and team management processes (TO BE CHANGED)
GMT are an integral part of the global IT function that underpins the Bank's corporate reputation and are responsible for implementing best in class applications capable of receiving quality data in a timely manner. Our objectives are to drive architectural simplification and reduce complexity, resulting in a stronger delivery capability. This is only made possible by our motivated, skilled and well-trained team of 4200 employees worldwide (TO BE CHANGED)
Who we're looking for?
- Advanced knowledge of Java 8, Spring, Spring boot.
- Experience in Test Automation using tools like Selenium, Gherkin.
- Excellent organizational, problem solving, and written/verbal communication skills.
- Experience in working on complex, multi-component projects.
NICE TO HAVE
- Oracle SQL experience
- Proven track record in the delivery of complex IT development projects in financial institutions with a globally distributed team
- Experience of GIT
- Python experience