The HR Operations Tech Director forms part of the Global Applications and Development (GA&D) HR Tech Leadership Team and has ownership and responsibility for the successful transition and running of HR Technology applications and services in production. Our goal is to build a world class global support team, to manage and transform operational support for our HR customers.
It is a unique opportunity to contribute to an exciting period of innovation and transformation at GSK. You will be encouraged to experiment and collaborate across teams to bring innovation to your everyday job.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. To ensure that we have the following elements covered:
- Service Management and Governance of the applications in this area.
- Ownership of product/application whilst within maintain and decommission phases of lifecycle.
- Change and Release Management to ensure that we work on the highest value ítem first and release quickly and securely to production.
- Vendor and Business Relationship Management – Management of service delivery vendors and the business to ensure support services (and SLAs) are suitable and are maintained.
- Service Improvement - Identification of improvements and innovative solutions that can be applied across Tech departments to lower costs and provide value (e.g automation).
- Innovation and Transformation - Identification of improvements and innovative solutions that can be applied across the services supporting HR Tech systems and processes, that will drive down cost and risk while increasing output.
- Incident, Request and Problem Management – Improved ticket response & resolution times. Improve customer satisfaction with the service we provide. Reduce and prevent issues through improved root cause analysis and solution delivery.
- Constantly improve operational support for HR Technology through application of service improvement initiatives to reduce tickets, automate support processes and improve user experience via a services roadmap.
- Responsible for representing HR Tech Operations in governance boards such as Steering, Change Board and Design Authority (acting as the operations design authority for HR Tech systems and ensuring compliance to operational best practice and GSK technical and reporting standards).
- Service Management: Responsible for ensuring that all HR Tech services are delivered in accordance with the service levels that are in place, partnering with the Product teams to ensure adherence to those SLAs, and directly managing any support related escalations. This also includes service transition and service acceptance of changes and new functionality of underlying HR Tech systems.
- Stakeholder Management: Accountable for partnering with Stakeholders across the HR Tech, Workday team, Process Owners, other BU Tech Product Owners and Tech Delivery Leads; managing expectations and ensuring alignment on Service Level Agreements and maintaining and improving high level “voice of the customer” scores.
- People Management: Accountable for line managing staff supporting HR Tech operations including security and outsourced operational support through a mixture of GSK employees, contingent workers and strategic suppliers. Ensure ongoing succession planning and knowledge transfer to maintain continuity of service to the business.
- Quality, Risk & Compliance: Responsible for ensuring all HR Tech operational processes within the domain are compliant with internal security, privacy and risk management policies and practices, as well as external regulatory and statutory requirements e.g. GxP, SARBOX.
- Initiate, lead and actively collaborate with HR Tech, other customers and suppliers with regards to innovation of service delivery and implementation of best practice and service excellence.
- Demand management: Constantly assesses the operational demand to ensure that resources are provided to cover peaks. Liaising with other product owners to asses future service support demands.
- Service Design & Delivery: Design and deliver the optimal set of products and services which meets the business strategy and requirements. The incumbent will provide high level service solutioning and manage the team to deliver ongoing service improvements. The ability to think big picture and customer first is imperative.
Who we're looking for?
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Excellent experience in Service Delivery.
- Service delivery and application knowledge/experience of HR Tech systems.
- Degree or relevant experience in a major global Tech or HRIS Organization.
- People management experience of large teams.
- Knowledge and experience supporting Workday and SuccessFactors (SAP) cloud-based systems.
- Understanding and experience of Agile development using Jira or similar tool.
- Understanding and experience of AIOPs and DevOps.
- Strong problem-solving skills demonstrated in high pressure situations.
- Experience in influencing large teams of resources providing services in a matrix environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills capable of building and maintaining relationships across different teams across the organization (Tech and business). Strong influencing and communication skills.
- Ability to provide appropriate quality service reporting to all levels within the organization and excellent stakeholder management experience (up to and including SVP).
- Excellent working understanding and experience of ITIL based service delivery.
- Experience of vendor management in particular Tech/BP/services outsourcing.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Pharmaceutical or other regulated industry experiences.
- Working experience of Service Now and Service Now reporting.
- Healthcare package
- Healthcare package for families
- Leisure package
- Hot beverages