The Product Owner is accountable for increasing value, improving flow and enhancing quality for the respective product domain. Each Product Owner is accountable for the products owned by their business unit and to manage the product lifecycle. The Product Owner is responsible for understanding the end user needs/journey and developing the products in their domain. The Product Owner will review and manage the product backlog, estimating value and prioritizing delivery for the products in their domain.
The Product Owner has end-to-end accountable for driving the Tech strategy and roadmap for Facilities Management and Scientific and Building Management Services. Managing the facilities at 28 budgeted sites and 83 managed sites across 26 countries. This includes facilities support and maintenance of buildings and scientific equipment and management of building management systems.
The Product Owner is the Tech lead for the Enterprise Facilities Management transition to new service providers and will ensure all technology is in line with the Tech strategy. The Product Owner will also be accountable for the Facilities implementation of the Service Now Integrated Case Management Platform.
The Scientific and Building Management Services Product Owner is a direct line manager for grade 6 and grade 7 GSK roles, as well as several strategic partner, service partner and project resources.
This product management role will ensure that real problems are solved for the customer groups and that high value technology solutions are delivered from a user centric stand point.
- Collaborate with business customers and end users to develop, deliver and maintain the products within their respective product domain.
- Account management: Accountable for managing the product backlog and prioritizing all Tech services within their respective product domain, ensuring continuous feedback from business customers and end users.
- Establish and lead Business Governance bodies, provide oversight and establish business value, manage overall delivery and service performance and manage business risk.
- Business Process: Design the optimal set of products and services which meets the business strategy and requirements.
- Quality, Risk & Compliance: Accountable for ensuring all products supporting the business are compliant with internal security, risk management policies and practices, external regulatory and statutory requirements e.g. GxP, SARBOX and that Tech continuity plans are in place for all business critical products
- Service Management: Accountable for ensuring the right services levels are in place and maintained in line with business need and the appropriate responses made to Voice of the Process (VOP) and Voice of the Customer (VOC).
- Process Improvement: Accountable for driving ongoing product and business process improvements adopting a mixture of waterfall, hybrid and agile methodologies as appropriate.
- Change & Release management: Manage change activity, including Software as a Service delivered change, into the production service in a compliant and efficient manner
- Integrations & Technical: Ensure data passing from upstream systems or providers (i.e. Workday) or to downstream systems (i.e. Global ERP) through integrations is efficient, accurate and secure. This also includes building reporting capabilities that support both operational reporting as well as analytic reporting. Partner with Solutions Architect to ensure technical excellence in the development and delivery of new products. Partner with third parties or in house app development teams and ensure teams are staffed with the right resources to deliver.
- People Management: Accountable for line managing staff supporting the system(s) and to ensure ongoing succession planning to maintain business, through a mixture of GSK employees, augmented/contingent workers and strategic suppliers.
- Product Management: Accountable for the product strategies for a number of COTS, SaaS and Bespoke applications, ensuring aligned product roadmaps. Ensures clear customer personas, problem statements and agile narratives are developed and empowers direct reports (product owners and experts) to prioritise backlogs
Who we're looking for?
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Degree, relevant experience (e.g. R&D, Commercial, Corporate, GMS) experience in major global Tech organization; and domain experience.
- Track record in successful Tech strategy development, solution design, programme and product delivery and service management
- Track record in a Product Management role and familiarity with agile ways of working
- Track record in delivering business value, through solving high priority business problems with effective technology solution
- Experience of vendor management in particular Tech/BPO outsourcing
- Excellent relationship management, strong influencing and communication skills including at a senior level
- Line management experience
- Knowledge of Agile methods (lean, SCRUM, SAFe, etc).
- Knowledge of facilities and service management systems, operational technology and information protection, GxP systems and processes and data management
- Healthcare package
- Healthcare package for families
- Leisure package
- Hot beverages