We are looking for a Data Governance Manager to join our IT hub in Warsaw, Poland. A data manager is a practitioner of data management, a field concerned with establishing and controlling quality and availability of data required throughout the data supply chain to ensure the right business decisions are made. Within this position, you will be responsible for the implementation of the governance process of various data inputs with the objective to control data quality. The role typically requires working with upstream data supply and downstream publishing as well as working with the clients and users, such as a Business Units Data Governance Council.
- DATA PURCHASE AND SUFFICIENCY: Collaborate with Purchasing to ensure Data Governance outstanding practices are ingested into data contracts. Assess the data sufficiency in terms of timeliness, completeness, availability, accuracy as well as readiness to be ingested towards P&G data ecosystem.
- DATA QUALITY, INGESTION AND HARMONIZATION: End-to-end ownership of the data quality across the full data life cycle – starting from data ingestion, thru data processing / harmonization up to data activation. Collaborate with Development teams in charge of ETL (extract, transform, load) process in order to secure highest quality of data as well as define the data transformation/ harmonization logic to be in line with corporate master data.
- DATA ACTIVATION, SECURITY & STEWARDSHIP: Sets success criteria and quality controls for data activities in scope. Establish accurate archival, retention, privacy policies per data type, notably with regards to Data Type Security Requirements and in alignment with overall security policies.
- DATA STANDARDS AND GOVERNANCE: Establish and maintain data standards and data catalog for local Master Data. Define data management project scope and assess impact based on business requirements.
- DATA CATALOG AND MASTER DATA: deployment of metadata management repositories and demonstrating corporate data catalog solutions and tools. Be responsible for maintenance of existing definition, mapping rules, enable effective harmonization with other data domains.
What we offer you:
- Responsibilities as of day 1. You will have project ownership and autonomy to deliver change and results from the beginning.
- Dynamic and encouraging work environment. At P&G our employees are at the core, we value every individual and encourage initiatives, promoting agility and work/life balance.
- Continuous mentoring, you will work with hardworking people and receive ongoing coaching and mentoring from your line manager and other colleagues. Corporate and functional training will enable you to succeed and develop from day one.
- Industry Certifications, full additional benefit program like private health care, P&G Dynamic Living programs like sport cards, regular salary increases and possible promotions, flexible work arrangements, mentoring programs & trainings.
Who we're looking for?
Apply if you have:
- Data Stewardship and Governance experience, especially in the area of Data Quality.
- Business Analysis: understand business decisions and value encouraged from the data.
- Leadership skills as ability to influence internally and externally and build an excellent outcome for everyone partnership with Data Providers, DevOps Organization and Data Consumers.
- Foundation in systems development and integration and knowledge of how data architecture fits in the overall life cycle and architecture patterns.
- Communication up and down the organization.
- Service Operations: foundational understanding of requirements to deliver operational completion, including management.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree education attained.
- Ability to converse in English to conduct business.
- Data Quality - advanced
- Business Analysis - advanced
- DevOps - regular
- Systems Development - regular
- Governance - regular
- IT audit - regular