- As Web Application Developer you are responsible for the design and implementation of a web application which manages the benk's internal IT management data sources, standards and rules about their usage as well as their governance
- You design and implement the User Interface in line with the bank's branding guidelines
- You design and implement the business logic/service layer in line with user requirements
- You design and implement the data storage and data access layer
- You define and implement the unit and end-to-end test strategy
- You define and automate the entire build/test/deploy pipeline
- You are involved in the continuous requirements engineering activities
The Enterprise Architecture Analytics team is part of the central Group IT Strategy & Architecture function and is therefore responsible for all bank-wide reporting and data analyses concerning the overall IT architecture. This includes regular KPI and metric reporting as well as timely responses to ad-hoc analytical demands. Typical customers of the regular reports are divisional and functional CIOs and Chief Architects as well as a broad community of IT Owners. All these analytics are based on a data hub, which is designed and maintained by the team. Therein, data from several other IT management systems is collected, integrated, harmonized and archived. Enhancing this data hub and establishing common procedures for data consumption is key for the team to expand the scope of possible analytics and to increase efficiency. The major analytics focus areas include IT complexity measurement, end-of-life management, solution delivery process compliance, IT productivity and investment monitoring. In addition, the team is developing a software solution to manage the definition and ownership of all IT metrics.
Team: Currently the team consists of eight people whereof three are located in Switzerland and five are located in Poland. Responsibilities are mostly structured end-to-end topic-wise. Each SME is taking care about design, operations (data processing, data visualization, reporting) as well as customer interaction. Therefore, people have diverse backgrounds related to data analytics. The team works agile and follows the SCRUM methodology.
The web application to be developed is part of a recently established project. Therefore, requirements might change over time. Given the environment of the project, observable incremental progress is expected regularly. The rest of the team is strong in the analytics field but in-depth knowledge about web technologies is scarce (however, peer-teams do have very knowledgeable developers on site). Therefore, the contractor needs to be comfortable with working in a self-guided manner.
Who we're looking for?
- Degree in Computer Science (or similar)
- Solid experience with Angular, CSS, REST, Spring, SQL and Jenkins
- Experience in defining a suitable architecture for web applications
- Experience in working within an agile/devops team, incl. common technologies such as git, jira, confluence
- Structured and reliable person with a strong focus on solutions including a strong sense for high quality code
- Well-developed conceptual abilities
- Speak fluent English
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience with Liquibase
- Experience with Containers e.g. Docker and OpenShift
- German is a plus